Dog Sitting

For all questions/discussion on other breeds.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Dog Sitting

Postby Lisa » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:12 am

I'm dog sitting my friend's 3 Belgian Tervurens this weekend. They arrived at my house last night and leave on Monday. Very, very sweet girls...but they are having a hard time settling in...they miss their momma!
My dogs are just fascinated with these bigger, furrier dogs! It's weird having tall dogs with tails in the house! Fortunately, the girls are very well behaved and get along well with my dogs.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Dog Sitting

Postby Annie'sRebecca » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:36 am

Sounds like fun :D . We had some friends over during the holiday weekend and they brought their German Shepard, a sweet dog. Unfortunately he stepped on Annie and whacked her in the face with his tail and she sat in my lap or under my chair the rest of the time he was over....she was terrified.
All this to say I hope your dogs aren't wimps like Annie! :roll:
Annie & Rowdy
Annie'sRebecca
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:51 am

Poor Annie! Nope, my guys aren't wimps. Last night, Madi (my smallest, at 33 lbs) told off Vrai (one of the Belgian girls) when Vrai tried to get in Madi's spot on the bed. Then, Britty told off Vrai for getting in her spot. Poor Vrai finally lay on top of me until I told her to get off and lay on the floor! Right now, I've got Madi on a dog bed in the corner, Vash next to me on the left, Visa next to me on the right, Britty behind me. I don't know where Buster and Vrai are...probably asleep on the couch.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby Cindy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:49 pm

You're a GOOD friend - 6 dogs is alot of dogs, especially when 3 of them are furry and have tails!!! Where are the pictures???
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Lisa » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:20 pm

I had to upload my pics from my phone...and it's actually 7 dogs...I have a foster right now too.

Visa (back-left), Vrai (back-right), Vash (front) - Vash is the mom and is 11 years old, Visa and Vrai are littermates and are 5 years old. Visa is a conformation champion and Vrai is just 3 legs away from her agility champion. All have obedience titles. They were pacing and I told them all to lie down...they all dropped on the spot and ended up laying almost on each other

Visa (right), Vrai (left), and my foster Charlie

Visa (left) and Vrai (right)
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby Cindy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:30 pm

Seven dogs? OK, that officially classifies you as crazy!! But hose Belgians are very beautiful dogs. That is, if you go in for the long fur, tail, and a color other than orange or liver and white!!! Charlie is the cutie though!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby kat » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Oh Lisa, they are beautiful!! I still prefer the Orange Dogs, but these are spectacular Tervurens. Charlie is awful cute too!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:35 pm

:lol: :lol: Well, I think Lisa is going to be "crazy" just for a little while, I mean, she's just pet sitting...right???? Anyway, the Tervs fall under the Honorary Brittany catagory at this point in time, so give Lisa the benefit of the doubt (just this once) :P :P :P
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Lisa » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Barb Wright wrote:I think Lisa is going to be "crazy" just for a little while, I mean, she's just pet sitting...right???? Anyway, the Tervs fall under the Honorary Brittany catagory at this point in time, so give Lisa the benefit of the doubt (just this once)

Thanks Barb! Yes, just pet sitting...the girls go home on Monday. My friend had to go out of town to judge an agility trial, and Vrai doesn't do kennels...since I was taing her in, I figured it'd be just as easy to take the other two as well.

Of course, this is also my "can I live with a Terv" experience. My friend plans to breed Visa in the fairly near future, and I'm considering a puppy.

There will always be a Brittany in my home, but I kinda want a dog that actually wants to do agility...which means a herding breed...and while I love border collies, the tervs are fun too.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Return to Other Breeds