Some people!

For all questions/discussion on other breeds.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Re: Some people!

Postby headtrip_honey » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:43 pm

kat wrote:I have a good guess who they are believing if they're telling you this, maybe the nephew won't be pet sitting again. Good for them for coming over to talk to you too, sounds hopeful for the poor dog anyway. Maybe you'll get another chance to talk and you can talk about not chaining the dog up all the time!

Well if they got the Invisible Fence, I have a feeling that wouldn't be a problem. I think they chain him up so much because they can't be bothered :roll: to let him out and watch him. If they could let him out and not worry he was going to bolt, then let him in a little later, I think they'd dispense with the chain. I hope, anyway.

He told us a funny story about how they acquired Snoop. They were looking for a small dog (like a Shih Tzu) for their daughter. A friend had a puppy that was advertised as a "terrier mix," so they took it. Seventy pounds later...you have Snoop. :lol: Daughter wasn't interested in him anymore, since he wasn't the cute little thing she'd wanted. (Although I have a penchant for big dogs, so I'd rather have a Snoop than a Shih Tzu) Got to give it to the parents for keeping him...sadly a lot of people might not have.

And re: the owners not believing their nephew. Yeahhh....the way he kept saying, "He was...asleep" made it sound like he didn't buy it. Especially since we said we knocked and rang the door bell. And especially once I said that Snoop was sitting on their stoop HOWLING. They know how loud that dog is (man he has a set of lungs! Maybe part beagle...)...no way you could sleep through that. My dad, who is the world's heaviest sleeper, couldn't sleep through it.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image
Hunter (RIP 09.16.04-02.28.09), Lizzy, Bree and Jack
headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Barb Wright » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:12 pm

:lol: Well, I guess we have come full circle.....some people !!! :wink:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby janet909 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:10 am

Glad it's all working out with a happy ending. Hopefully, they'll be sure that Snoop is in better hands in the future. I know that I'm a mess when I have to leave my babies even though I know they are having fun at the neighbors with their two dogs. My neighbors know how neurotic I am though and are kind enough to email me pictures of the dogs while I'm gone just so I can see their pink noses which I always desperately miss. :oops: :oops:
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby rtropeano » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Teehee, I'm like you Janet, my dog stays with my best friend when I go away and I call every day to see what Daisy is up too. i don't know who has more separation anxiety - me or her!

Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby MaggieRocks » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:00 am

rtropeano wrote:Teehee, I'm like you Janet, my dog stays with my best friend when I go away and I call every day to see what Daisy is up too. i don't know who has more separation anxiety - me or her!

Rose

I'm like you, Rose. We haven't even taken a vacation since we got the girls! Any time DH mentions going away, I start trying to think of "good" excuses why we shouldn't! So far, we only stayed away overnight one time, and we had his sister come up and stay with the girls. (I still worried.)
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Previous

Return to Other Breeds