Hot in Virginia!

For all questions/discussion on other breeds.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Hot in Virginia!

Postby Cindy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:25 pm

This is what I wish I could be doing ....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
We're packing up the dogs, boat and car and going to our favorite lake. I am soooooooooooo tired of 95-100+ temps that we're just going to live on the water tomorrow.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Hot in Virginia!

Postby headtrip_honey » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:56 pm

I was in Chincoteague all weekend, so I definitely know what you mean! I got to cool off at the beach, however. Saturday was absolutely PERFECT for a beach day on Assateague.

Got a wicked sunburn, though.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image
Hunter (RIP 09.16.04-02.28.09), Lizzy, Bree and Jack
headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Cindy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:01 pm

Assateague is one of my favorite places but I haven't been there in years. Not since my brother moved to Cape Hatteras and I could bring the dogs and stay for free. I do love the wild ponies and have vivid memories of hiking down the beach, spreading out my towel, lounging in the sun, and then opening my eyes to see about 5 of the ponies, who had come over the sand dunes, staring down at me!!

"Wicked" sunburn??? You sounds like a New Englander!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby mkilcz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 pm

Cindy wrote: opening my eyes to see about 5 of the ponies, who had come over the sand dunes, staring down at me!!

My sister lives in Temperanceville and I'm taking my daughter down for a visit in a couple of weeks (which will include a trip to Assateague). I hope we get so lucky!

Marge
mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby headtrip_honey » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:26 am

Cindy wrote:Assateague is one of my favorite places but I haven't been there in years. Not since my brother moved to Cape Hatteras and I could bring the dogs and stay for free. I do love the wild ponies and have vivid memories of hiking down the beach, spreading out my towel, lounging in the sun, and then opening my eyes to see about 5 of the ponies, who had come over the sand dunes, staring down at me!!

"Wicked" sunburn??? You sounds like a New Englander!!

I was born in Utah, raised in Arizona, spent most of my adult life in Delaware. But I'm engaged to a lifelong New Englander.

It's catching.

It was GORGEOUS on the beach on Saturday. We got there around 10:30/11, and it wasn't too crowded, hot but not BLAZING, there was a nice breeze (but not WINDY), the waves were calm (every other time I've been there it's been choppy as hell due to hurricane activity), water wasn't *too* chilly. So nice.

My shoulders and back, however, are regretting every minute I spent there. Sunburns on your purse shoulder are the worst.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image
Hunter (RIP 09.16.04-02.28.09), Lizzy, Bree and Jack
headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Return to Other Breeds