Labradoodle

For all questions/discussion on other breeds.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Labradoodle

Postby Cindy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:04 am

I just took the girls to the dog park when I was out running errands. There was a guy there with a 5 month old Labradoodle and it was one of the cutest dogs I have ever seen. It was solid liver in color but almost looked like it was crossed with a wired hair pointer or griffon (or something). She had those long whiskers sticking out all over her face, her ears, on top of her head, and down her back. I so wish I'd had my camera but she didn't stay still long enough to take a picture. The guy was disappointed she hadn't gotten bigger - she wasn't much bigger than Kayla who weighs 38 lbs - but she sure was adorable. We see lots of Golden Doodles around - some cuter than others - but this was my first Labradoodle.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Labradoodle

Postby dmedric » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:46 am

In my experience, Labradoodles can look very different from one another. I had one neighbor with a tall black Labradoodle - 55-60 lbs (wiry hair) and another with an apricot Labradoodle - much smaller 35lbs, with curlier hair. Both were cute dogs with good personalities though.
dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby adele » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:55 am

Cindy, the secretary at our office has one exactly as you describe. Grey and looks sorta like a griffon cross. She's not small though she's 90 lbs at 8 months old. She looks old because she's grey with white in her muzzle but she's still a puppy.
adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:56 am

We get alot of Goldendoodles and Labradoodles through the boarding facility. Typically, they are the wildest, craziest dogs...the exceptions much fewer than the rules. :wink: One labradoodle in particular is the greatest leaper I've ever seen. He kinda looks like Tigger. It's not a push-off-the-back-legs jump, but springing like a kangaroo from all fours. I think he can get about 7 feet high. Makes me feel like I'm being dunked over by Michael Jordan. :lol:
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Return to Other Breeds