Funny Baby Story

For all Brittany hunting/field trial discussion.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Funny Baby Story

Postby CJ » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:43 pm

Or maybe it should be a baby story that's funny.... what ever.
Anyway, I've been talking to our little guy (only a few months old) for about a month now, giving him the current "count" till grouse opener and asking him if he's ready to load 'em in the bag.... he always smiles and coo's or giggles, but my wife hasn't been to keen on the whole thing.
Well, last night she was trying to get him interested in a book, with some success, and then along comes dad. I busted out a upland bird field guide book with photos of all the upland birds in the US as well as waterfoul. Picture one...... Ruff grouse. So as I flipped each page I told him when the opener was for that bird, the daily bag limmit, where we're going to go for each, what they sound like, and then "Bang, put 'em in the bag buddy". He started intently at each picture and all the ones that are in our area (which was most all of them) and smiled big, and then would giggle his head off when I said bang put em in the bag! That boy was certainly born to hunt....
Worse yet, my wife spoke up and said she didn't think it was a good idea to take him..... you should have seen the look he gave her. I know he couldn't understand what she said, but it was really funny to see it anyway. And, of course, I used it to confirm that he indeed did want to go out with me and fill up the bag. Well, anyway, not sure that it plays out in print as humorously as it did live (or maybe it wasn't that funny live either... just a dad's bias...), but I thought it made me chuckle. BTW, the feathers fall in 24 days!
CJ
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Brenda Dom » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:00 pm

Enjoy every minute and share every smile... They grow up much, much too fast.

Brenda
Kelcy, Susie, Bodie and Max
"Some of us learn forgiveness by studying the lives of saints. And some of us keep dogs. . . ." - Charles Gusewelle
Brenda Dom
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Jacksbuddy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:58 pm

Way to go, start em out young. 8)
My dad gave my first daughter a future deer hunter tshirt when she was less than six months old. I can now say that kid (now Twenty) has shot more deer than her Pop Pop.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
- Edward Hoagland
Jacksbuddy
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Bernie's mom » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:02 pm

hehe, I was reading your posts to my hubby and he piped up: "every one of my nieces and nephews had a fishing pole before they left the hospital!". :D
Bernie 11/30/03-12/12/15
Bernie's mom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Hunting/Field Trials