Need a trainer for hunting

For all Brittany hunting/field trial discussion.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Need a trainer for hunting

Postby tplavak » Mon May 10, 2004 11:17 pm

I have a 5 year old brittany male (neutered) that I need to be steadied to whoa and broke to retreive. I am a first time owner/trainer and have messed up this part.

Ben, has caught several birds in his life and now thinks he can catch them all, so he will not hold point and crowds them until they flush....then chases them. When I am close to him...I can get him to whoa and hold it until I flush the bird....especially if he is getting a strong scent from a breeze but this is not often enough to become a habit. Hence, I need help as I put to much pressure on him when we do work with birds...Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. I live in Chicago and would like to find someone in Illinois or Iowa preferrably.
tplavak
Puppy

hunt training

Postby lara » Tue May 11, 2004 8:06 am

Saucy's breeder, Eugene Salmons, trains to hunt. He can be found at www.nevenekennels.com.
lara
Puppy

Postby DualCH Brits » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:44 pm

Al Gorrow is one I'd recommend...that is in your area. He can be reached algorrow@downstate.com. He trains gun dogs and does a nice job training for te amateur handler. Isn't Broughton Il, pretty close to Chicago? I have met him, seen his line up of dogs at competition and thik he can help you.
Helen
Wild Mtn Brittanys
Western Pennsylvania
www.wildmtnbrittanys.com
DualCH Brits
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Return to Hunting/Field Trials