Just a small Western Region brag

For all Brittany hunting/field trial discussion.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Just a small Western Region brag

Postby DualCH Brits » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:06 am

Hi all. It has been a long time since I have posted but I'm so proud of my boy I could just explode. WE finally achieved our first adult points, a 3 point Brittany major win in the Gun Dog stake at the High Desert field trial!! This gives my boy Dutch 5 of the necessary 10 points towards his FC title which when complete will finish him as dual champion!! Dutch just turned 5 this past August and is finally starting to put 2+2 togther for a polished performance. YIPEEEE!!!!!

He is now qualified for the 2005 ABC Open Gun Dog Nationals in 2005 and it is our hope to be attending with Dutch's new "Stepdad" Brian Riggle from Houston, TX and his new stepbrother DC BDR'S Zigman Floyd...otherwise known as Ziggy. Brian recently asked me to marry him so we have lots to celebrate this coming spring!! We are thinking of making the trip to Michigan as a honeymoon but I'm trying to talk Brian into an Alaskan cruise...minus the dogs of course instead. Who knows.......we may do both!!

THANKS FOR LISTENING!! :lol:
Helen
Wild Mtn Brittanys
Western Pennsylvania
www.wildmtnbrittanys.com
DualCH Brits
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Karen_P » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:56 am

Hey Helen!!!

What wonderful news! Dutch on his way to being a dual champ AND a proposal!!! Best of luck in both endeavors!

Karen
Karen_P
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Jeanne » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:59 am

Helen,

That is huge!! CONGRATULATIONS on the points and the engagement!!!
Jeanne
Jeanne
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby CJ » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:50 am

Helen,
Congrats! So a spring wedding is in order? Wow... you'll be busy... getting a wedding together and spring FT's.... sounds like you'll need that cruise! Are you going to be going to the Chukar clasic up here in Idaho for the spring? They've got gundog stakes.... well... anywho... congrats again and good luck finishing him up.
CJ
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:57 pm

Helen ,
Congratulations on both fronts :D Im glad to see you post here . I thought you fell off the earth , but I see you 've been busy :lol: Dave
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:14 pm

Lordy Helen...you do know how to drop a bombshell or two :lol: :lol: Congratulations 8) on all fronts, two legged and four legged....not necessarily in order of importanct :lol: :lol: And the honeymoon had better be the Alaskan cruise or Jim and I will come down and kidnap the both of you...maybe the dogs too :wink: :wink:

WAY TO GO, GIRL :!: Life is GOOD :!:
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby DualCH Brits » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:26 pm

Thanks Everybody!! Cloud Nine sure is a wonderful place to be right now!!

I just got home from Texas where Dutch and I flew to see Brian of course, and also to compete in the Bluebonnet Brittany Club's final FT of the year. Both Ziggy and Dutch were entered and both dogs walked out of the event with Red ribbons....2nd place....Dutch took his in the OPEN Gun Dog Stake and Ziggy took his in the AMATUER Gun Dog Stake. Although Dutch didn't get any points ( 15 starters only) toward his FC I was still really jazzed to pull that placement so solidly in another, completely different region. Ziggy did pick up 1 more point towards his AFC which sets him at 7....he just needs one 3 Pt major to get it done. =) We are so proud of these two dogs!!!

Yes....CJ I'll be at the Spring Idaho trials. I don't have an All Age dog for the Chukar Championship but we do have 2 Gun Dogs for the AKC Pointing Gun Dog Nationals that will follow the Chukar Championship and the IBC trial. I also promised Larry S that I'd be up to help with IBC's trial.

Northern Nevada will be hosting the Western Shooting Dog Chmapionship as well which will follow the trials mentioned above in conjunction with Northern Nevada's regional trial....are you coming down to Reno??

We are seriously looking at Alaska for our honeymoon.....Barb you won't have to kidnap us but you just *might* need to journey to Houston for the Nuptials!!

Thanks again everybody!! What a RIDE this is!!
Helen
Wild Mtn Brittanys
Western Pennsylvania
www.wildmtnbrittanys.com
DualCH Brits
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby BDRiggle » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:50 pm

I thought I would take the time to intro myself. I am Ziggy's dad and Helen's fiance. We met at the judging seminar that was hosted by the N. Nevada Brittany Club back in June and it has been a helluva ride since. It will be quite a change for me when I move to the desert but I am looking foward to the change. I hope that Ziggy will be as successful as Dutch when we make the move. Hopefully we will have copleted his AFC before we go.
"GET'R DUN AND LOOK GOOD DOIN' IT"

Brian D Riggle
BDRiggle
Puppy

Postby Barb Wright » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:10 am

Hi Brian...and a warm welcome to this special corner of American Brittany Rescue :) And now, with the formalities out of the way....WOW, is it ever great to have you here :!: Not only did we get Helen back on board, she brought "the man of her dreams" to share (just a little bit :lol: with us :!: SUPER :!:

We very much look forward to your input in our discussions...I know all our Hunt/Field people will enjoy having one more voice to "carry the ball" back and forth :) Thanks for joining us 8)
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:22 am

Brian ,
Welcome and thanks for joining our discussion group :D If I ever slow down rescueing I want to train a hunting companion . The info I learn hear is priceless . 8) Dave
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby CJ » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:08 am

Helen,
I'll look for you at the PGD nationals & the spring trial. We don't trial, but usually help out at them. The IBC spring trial, Chukar clasic, and AKC nationals are all on the same grounds right after one another... there will be SOOOOO many birds out there when the clasic starts and even more for the nationals.....it will be sick. Should provid to be some good dog work.
But.... we're thinking about (or rather I'm working on my wife) to go to the reno hunt test. I think yours is after our 2 spring tests so hopefully I can wrap up my SH and start on MH down there. Guess it all depends on when it is and if I'm in town. They like to send me out of town, sometimes out of the country that time of year for work... makes it tough going for testing and training. Did you guys set a date for your hunt test yet? I hadn't checked the website yet. I'm actually just about to send in our app to AKC probably today for ours... 12/13 March & 21/22 May (right after the 3 big FTs! But moving to grounds a little bit away from the FT grounds.... would have liked to have done them the same place and get in on some of those left over birds that get planted... but oh well).
Brian,
Welcome aboard! I'll be meeting you too this spring? It is a bit of a change up this way from TX, but one good thing to look forward to (aside from your soon to be bride) is the hunting.... No more need to hunting leases! There's loads of public land to hunt up in this neck of the woods. And since you guys are all into the FT thing, the new circuit that ID, NV, N.CA, and OR have worked out is very conducive to getting titled (so long as you have the time to get the training in, in time for the start of the circuit that is... things PDQ after Chukar season closes.... and most dogs slip a little by the end of the season). Anywho.... good to have another person chiming in and looking forward to meeting you.
CJ
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Jen » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:48 pm

Congrats to you and Dutch and Brian! What exciting news.
Jen
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby DualCH Brits » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:14 pm

:D

In looking at the Spring schedule it looks like Easter or end of May for a Wedding.

Thanks for all your well wishes and support. This is really exciting. I'm glad Brian has popped on and introduced himself. He is everything to me and I'm delighted he wants to share this venue too. He has quite a bit of experience to draw from and has a wonderful way with the dogs. His input will be valued I'm sure.
Helen
Wild Mtn Brittanys
Western Pennsylvania
www.wildmtnbrittanys.com
DualCH Brits
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Return to Hunting/Field Trials