Getting people to consider a male Brittany

For all Brittany hunting/field trial discussion.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Getting people to consider a male Brittany

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 am

I talk all the time about how the girl dogs are easier to get adopted . Many agree that a male Brittany makes a very good companion as well as hunting partner .

I've asked several trainers about the trend on females and got this one common answer . The male Brittanys mature slower than the females , and over the lifetime of their hunting career do better than the girls . This is in field trials as well as serious hunting dogs . I thought this was enlightening , but didn't suprise me .

I relay my experiences and actually adopted out some male Brittanys to folks that only owned female Brittanys . None have regretted it .

Anyway to those out there who hunt their Brittanys , is this accurate ? Thanks Dave :)
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Canned Ice » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:13 pm

My mom hunted with my grandfather's Brits and she preferred the males. She said they seemed to work harder for her and not lose interest if conditions were bad or if they were tired. Plus she says the boys were more cuddly after coming in from the field. Mom has always just preferred male Brits in general though so she's pretty biased.
Buckley - I own this mountain.
Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby NancyH » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:28 am

Totally agree!

I love my girl and am even going to get one of Lorie's pups but I think the boys are the best.
NancyH
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Carver Brittanys » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:50 pm

I will take a boy over a girl anyday. Boys are more worried about pleasing you where the girls always have their own agenda.
CH Bar Lo's Fax Me To The Border JH and Magnum Shoshoni Ruby Tuesday (Reno and Ruby)
Carver Brittanys
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Postby DLDoiron » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:56 am

I always ask people to come over and meet my Doc. After visiting with him they usually want a male. He is so much sweeter than either of my girls.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana
DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Hunting/Field Trials