Where I bow hunt in Paradise valley .

For all Brittany hunting/field trial discussion.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Where I bow hunt in Paradise valley .

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:13 pm

I got a really nice Whitetail Buck Saturday with my bow . I went out to retrieve some stuff I left at my stand .I took some pictures after I climbed up to get my hat I left and my knife case .

This is a 30 acre field I have a tree stand at the edge of some woods . It's is a friends ranch . I adopted this place and it's where I go to sit and watch deer , eagles , Owls and a bunch of other critters . The Shield River is just 45 yards from me and it lulls me to almost falling asleep at times . I was setting with my eyes closed listening to the river when I heard the deer walking up behind me . Enjoy the pictures .

http://img156.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 732vv.smil
8) Dave
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Alifaire » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:32 am

Beautiful vistas! Thanks for sharing. I'd probably forget about hunting and just watch the wildlife stroll by.

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Cindy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:23 am

It does look like a really peaceful place. The only thing missing are a couple of Britts zooming across the field. Oh, guess they might scare the deer away or not ... in the case of our deer!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:21 pm

I'm more a protector of Wildlife than a hunter . The land owner laughs at me asking if I'm just baby sitting these deer so other hunters don't get any . :lol: . He likes me there because I watch out some fools don't shoot a big game rifle in there . They'd probably kill someone in a house :?

As far as Brittanys go I might take them out after big game season ends , as I have a covey of Huns and Pheasants hanging out with me also . One afternoon I had them all out feeding around me . The hens wandered over that ditch in the middle of the field near some fawn Whitetails and it was riot when they came out of the brush . The fawn's tail went up and she ran around in a big circle .

I even started packing my pistol to take out some coyotes chasing my pet fawns . 5 fawn were hanging out in that field every day I was there .At times right below me not 25 feet away . I have pictures on my phone if I can figure out how to get my little card out to download them :roll: .
-Will Rogers
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:43 pm

Gorgeous place, Dave.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby Jacksbuddy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:58 am

Nice pictures Dave, looks like a great spot.
Did you to try to e-mail your phone pictures to yourself?

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
- Edward Hoagland
Jacksbuddy
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:18 pm

I didn't try that . I do have a one G card in my phone , if I can only get it back out :roll: :lol: .

Here is the buck I got from that stand . [img][img]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8711/pb151284ii5.th.jpg[/img][/img] :) Dave
-Will Rogers
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Jacksbuddy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:34 am

Dave wrote:I didn't try that . I do have a one G card in my phone , if I can only get it back out :roll: :lol: .

Here is the buck I got from that stand . :) Dave

Nice deer 8) . I don't know what a G card is, but you might just have to hand your phone over to someone under 25 to get your pictures off :lol: :wink: .

That's what I do anyway :oops: :lol: .

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
- Edward Hoagland
Jacksbuddy
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:45 am

I don't know what a G card is, but you might just have to hand your phone over to someone under 25 to get your pictures off .

Doesn't that really make you feel old? Every time I have to ask my nieces or nephews how to do something with the computer or cell phone it gets under my every last nerve!! :x :x I feel so inadequate. On the other hand, at least I know what they are, own one of each, and use them on a regular basis! Things could be worse!

Nice buck!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Dave » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:56 pm

A 1 Gigabyte micro card . If I could see the darn thing , and get a hold of it :roll: :lol: . It is half the size of the SD card in my Olympus camera and has twice the storage . With the low resolution camera in my phone I can take 3500 pictures or so :shock: :lol: .

I am proud of that buck . He is a three-four year old buck .
I had watched him all season for two months and he finally walked out under my stand instead of just out of range .

I passed a slam dunk shot on a 5x5 that was bigger , but only a 2 yr. old buck . I believe he survived the season , now if he doesn't get hit by a car on the highway nearby . He'll be much bigger next year . 8) Dave
-Will Rogers
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Hunting/Field Trials