Finally hitting again

For all Brittany hunting/field trial discussion.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Finally hitting again

Postby CJ » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:20 pm

Well... I had fell into a slump that turned out to be self induced, switched to hi speed loads and didn't shorten my lead.... well... now that that is ironed out.... heres some results.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cj762x51/album?.dir=/9253
CJ
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:00 pm

Make you crazy when equipment changes give such direct results . I try not to change anything in the middle of the season :o Nice pictures :D Give those Britts a big pet for me 8) Dave
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby CJ » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:20 pm

Dave wrote:Give those Britts a big pet for me 8) Dave

Will do, I think they're awake now.... They were some tired boys. Shot at 5, got three and helped a few older gents we came across find a bird they shot (twice... they knocked it down, but it turned out only crippled.... Caleb scented it and it got up again, flew another 20+ yrds before being shot again.... (guess my bad days werent so bad looking at that birds day! :? ).
You're right about the EQ changes, it was a bad move... but really didn't have much choice. My standard loads just weren't reaching out at the 20-35yrds that these late season birds are getting up at.... most leg it when the dogs get there and even the ones that sit tight, only sit tight for the dogs, once I get in the neighborhood, they say "3's company, but the guy with the gun.... mmmmm gotta go! :o ".
CJ
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Kristy » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:44 pm

Great pictures CJ, Thanks for sharing.
Riley & Colby
Kristy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Return to Hunting/Field Trials