Monty's going to huntin' school... :)

For all Brittany hunting/field trial discussion.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Monty's going to huntin' school... :)

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:24 pm

Well, it's official-

Monty is going to learn to hunt! Starting May 15th, he is going to hunting school, to be trained. We are going to give him a month, to see his potential.. if it is there, we will probably give him another month or two.

Then I have to go to hunting school.. ;)
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:42 pm

Mark , Come out to Montana with Monty and I'll show you some nice country and Monty and I'll will teach you how to hunt :wink: I've been out of it since my old bird dog retired , but I'm searching for a new four legged hunting companion . 8) Dave
Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:49 pm

Dave wrote:Mark , Come out to Montana with Monty and I'll show you some nice country and Monty and I'll will teach you how to hunt :wink: I've been out of it since my old bird dog retired , but I'm searching for a new four legged hunting companion . 8) Dave

Hehe.. well, if all goes as planned, I might just be close enough within a year or two (top to places would be Jackson, WY, and Denver, CO).

My brother in law just lost his hunting dog.. so he might be taking Monty and I out, once M has some training under his collar.. ;)
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Karen_P » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:11 pm

Mark, it takes 6-8 weeks to get a permit to purchase a shotgun here in NJ, so you might want to head down to the local PD, get finger printed and fill out the application now. I'm working from home tomorrow so I'll be going there on my lunch hour to get the ball rolling.

Keep in mind that you have to take a hunter education exam and clinic to get a hunting license also. The state starts giving the clinics again in March, but they fill up REALLY fast.
Karen_P
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby CJ » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:42 am

Mark wrote: Hehe.. well, if all goes as planned, I might just be close enough within a year or two (top to places would be Jackson, WY, and Denver, CO).

Mark, if you end up in Jackson, you'll be close to some great hunting. Had my hunting partner move over there a while back (a Britt family).... and he's a hunting fool. If you go I'll give you his info, he'd love to have another Britt man to hunt with. Good sage hen hunting over that way.
CJ
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby DualCH Brits » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:45 pm

Cj....you snowed in yet? I AM!! the snow is over Omen's head now in the frn yrad and still dumpin. Thanks Barb for sending the evil white stuff to NV!!

Way to go Mark....you will have so much FUN!!! I was telling Karen on her thread about how fun it is to watch you guys get the hunting dog fever. You Better post pics!!
Helen
Wild Mtn Brittanys
Western Pennsylvania
www.wildmtnbrittanys.com
DualCH Brits
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby Barb Wright » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:35 pm

WHAT!!! Helen....you don't like solid white sunshine :P Count your blessings....we have over 4 FEET of it and still 4 months to go on winter :!: Cassie is literally in over her head if she leaves the plowed road :lol: At least it keeps her from chasing the Caribou, which we have lots of hanging around right now :)
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby DualCH Brits » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:06 pm

This is the biggest set of storms to hit Northern Nevada in many, many years. They are saying something about it being a history maker.:)
No I can hosnestly say I doubt I'd be very happy in Alaska during your long wonter months.

The babies are at the kennel cuz the weather is too rotten to have them home and outsode much. They are getting some wonderful socialiization skills at an early age for sure ( they turn 8 weeks on Thurs)

Omen is hangin out on the couch wondering where the quail have taken to for refuge.!!!
Helen
Wild Mtn Brittanys
Western Pennsylvania
www.wildmtnbrittanys.com
DualCH Brits
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby CJ » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:51 pm

we did get it for a few days, had a big storm blow through but it seemed to blow the snow around more than pile it up, and today.... was supposed to be another storm and more snow, but turned out to be semi sun-shiny and warm, all melted.....
CJ
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Return to Hunting/Field Trials