Junior Pheasant Hunt

For all Brittany hunting/field trial discussion.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Re: Junior Pheasant Hunt

Postby Muddy Creek Britts » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:39 pm

BTW Cindy....I know at alot (if not all) field trials, spectators can rent a horse to go out with a brace. Maybe you could bring along your mighty steed and go out. Karen_P may know what Tidewater is like and could give you the best advice though. We enjoyed sitting in the parking area and seeing all the dogs and horses as they await their turns. I sure would like to get aboard a horse next time though. Just don't have any riding experience and was afraid of making a fool out of myself and ruining the brace and being the idiot. :lol: :lol:
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Postby MaggieRocks » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:10 pm

LOL, Cindy! If you show up wearing bells and singing to yourself, they might not let you in, anyway!!! :lol:

Brian, I haven't been down to Mason-Dixon since Maggie was a puppy. We're still on their email list, though, so I should check it out sometime-thanks.
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:23 pm

I sure would like to get aboard a horse next time though. Just don't have any riding experience and was afraid of making a fool out of myself and ruining the brace and being the idiot. :lol: :lol:

That's par for the course with riding a horse! Just when you think you know what you're doing, your horse proves you wrong! My horse Curran (who is pretty steady and reliable) spooked at a person on a bicycle yesterday. In the 8 years I had him he's never down that once - even when they surprised me! I was "almost" dumped but managed to hang on (and not at all gracefully!). At my age, I tend to stay on their back regardless of how I look. The alternative is never pretty!! :lol:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Previous

Return to Hunting/Field Trials