colorado brits in agility

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

colorado brits in agility

Postby cinwin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:38 pm

It's good to hear others are in this w/ their brits. When I go to agility shows there are mine 2 brits and 1 other little girl. We all are in excellent B and my little girl that I got from rescue is very fast, and lovesit- laughs all the time. Had her first double q at the end of Jan :D
Don't give up on birts- they can do anything
cinwin
Puppy

Postby Alifaire » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Congrats on the Double Q! :D How many speed points have you accumulated? How long have you been trialing?

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby cinwin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:43 pm

The little one is in preferred due to my vet's reccommendation on jump height and a shallow hip- so we don't get speed points- but she usually wins and I would place in the regular div. if she were in it. She has a lot more std. q's than jumpers- 5 to 2. She has been competing for 1 1/2 yrs but had my male brit to train off of. He has been competing for 2 years- has 5 jumpers and only 1 std.- he is much slower and q's but we would never get enough points - so will probably either get masters or go back for a pax. The other brittany is in regular and is fast but I'm not sure how many points she has. She usually places. I think my first dog is slower due to me and having to learn together- ( we've been training for a total of 3+ years)and most of the mistakes are because of me. How long have you benn trialing? :D
cinwin
Puppy

Postby Alifaire » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:07 am

We started training Feb '07, trialing in September of that year. Any NQs are my fault. :roll:

It's such a mental game. I'm working on keeping my thoughts focused on the obstacle at hand and not what happened before or what might be coming up. I also have to remember to NEVER think "we've got a clean run" until the run is over.

Good luck. I look forward to hearing about your success. Running 3 dogs is quite a challenge in itself.

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Return to Agility