Good agility weekend

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Good agility weekend

Postby Lisa » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Buster and I had a very nice agility weekend!! We attended a 3 day trial, and he Q'd and took first in Novice A Jumpers on Friday. Did it agan on Saturday! We now have two jumpers legs...just one more for that title!! His standard runs weren't great, but they were the best he's had yet, so I was pleased. Today was pretty much a bust. Buster's just not ready for a 3 day trial yet and he decided not to pay attention for his jumpers run, and by his standard run, he had a nice glazed look on his face and we walked off the course after just 5 obstacles.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Postby swillow66 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:45 pm

YOU ROCK!!! Funny how they let you know when they are done though!!! :oops: 8) 8) 8) Shelli
Madison and Riley "Waiting for Spring!"

To the world you are just one person, but to one person you can mean the world
swillow66
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:37 pm

:D Great two days 8) Really TERRIFIC two days :D :D Congrats to Buster and you, sounds like you're really on your way to that title 8) Bummer about the last day, but no doubt both of you were on edge knowing it was pretty important....next time he'll make it for sure :D Of course, the reason Buster knew it was important was because you were "vibrating" :P :P He's come a long way with your super guidance, he'll finish with flying colors next time out :D :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby kat » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Oh Buster!! How far he has come! GREAT job, Lisa, another terrific rescue story! He'll just keep doing better, we all know it.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:09 am

I wish I lived in your area because I'd love to watch. Good job both of you!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby rtropeano » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 pm

That's awesome Lisa, I know competing in Agility is a lot of hard work. Congrats to you both!

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Canned Ice » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:10 am

Go Buster and Lisa! I bet you're so proud of your boy. I miss having Buckley in agility. I can't wait to get a job, some $$$, and some time so I can get back to work with Buckley. He was really doing great.
Buckley - I own this mountain.
Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Good agility weekend

Postby Alifaire » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:05 am

Congratulations! Every run can be fun. Three day trials are a lot for a Novice dog. He'll get used to it soon and you'll be the one who is tired after 3 days. Can you get 3 legs under the same judge for a title? Enjoy your Novice A dog - you'll never have another!

Victor is trialing without me. He's being run by our phenomenal instructor, Michele. Victor loves her but is a bit unsure about her style and commands. I hope to be back on course for our May 1st trial. Let's hope!

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Lisa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Thanks everyone!!

We had another good weekend at the USDAA trial yesterday and today. On Saturday, Buster Q'd and placed third in Gamblers, placed fourth (but no q) in Jumpers, and today, he Q'd and placed first in Snooker and Q'd and placed second in Jumpers. We're off for a week, then we have another USDAA weekend followed by an AKC weekend.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby Alifaire » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:12 pm

WOW! That's better than good - that's a terrific weekend. Congrats on the Snooker - I haven't tried that yet!

Good luck on your next trials. Sounds like you're becoming quite a team.

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Lisa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:46 pm

Alifaire wrote:WOW! That's better than good - that's a terrific weekend. Congrats on the Snooker - I haven't tried that yet!

Good luck on your next trials. Sounds like you're becoming quite a team.

Thanks. Buster and I really, really clicked on our last Jumpers run (last run of the day). We lost 3 seconds when he ran around a jump and had to come back to it - if it hadn't been for that, we'd have beaten the Border Collie and taken first.

I LOVE Snooker!! You get to make up your own course (well, except for the closing sequence) and Buster makes it fairly easy to rack up the points.

I had a lot of fun at this weekend's trial. It was Buster's first time being crated in the building instead of in the car - but it was cold and raining out, so I didn't want to keep him in the car. Not that the steel, unheated building was any warmer, but it was dry (mostly, except for the leaks)! I had to go get Buster's coat for him to wear yesterday, since he was shivering in his crate! He did well being crated inside, only got stressed a few times, and got over it quickly. He did get a bit yappy at the end of the day, but so were a lot of other dogs. Now, I just need to set up his travel crate and vacuum a pound of dirt out of it, courtesy of the dirt floors in the area.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Alifaire wrote:Congratulations! Every run can be fun. Three day trials are a lot for a Novice dog. He'll get used to it soon and you'll be the one who is tired after 3 days. Can you get 3 legs under the same judge for a title? Enjoy your Novice A dog - you'll never have another!

Victor is trialing without me. He's being run by our phenomenal instructor, Michele. Victor loves her but is a bit unsure about her style and commands. I hope to be back on course for our May 1st trial. Let's hope!

Yeah, 3 days was just one too many - but he'll get used to it. Yes, you can get 3 legs under the same judge for a title.

Sorry to hear that you're not able to handle Victor right now. He'll learn his new handler's style and commands, it'll just take a while. You just have to remember that for the first few trials, he'll be running more like a novice dog than an open dog. Best of luck, and here's hoping you'll be ready to run him again soon!
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Return to Agility