What a weekend!

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

What a weekend!

Postby Lisa » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Just got done with two days of night trials - first dog was on the line Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 pm, and on Friday night, we finished up around 1 am, and last night we finished up around 2 am. It was a USDAA trial, games classes only (gamblers, jumpers, and snooker on Fri, and gamblers, jumpers, snooker, and pairs on Sat.)

Buster did GREAT on Friday! He Q'd, placed first, and got his title in P1 Jumpers, with a run of 22 seconds! My trainer ran him for his Q, first place, and title in P1 Gamblers. His Snooker run was good, but I set him up for an odd angle on a jump and he dropped a bar (first time he's ever dropped a bar!).

On Saturday, we had fun, but it wasn't anything spectacular. His Gambler's run, Buster decided to take out the final jump, wings, bars, and the electronic timer eyes! Not sure exactly what happened, but he's fine and the jump and timer survived as well. His Snooker run was great, we were 3 points shy of a Q and it was my fault - I pulled him in to the wrong side of a tunnel. I scratched his Jumpers run, as it was already 1:30 am, and I didn't need it since he'd titled the night before.

Buster was a stinker on Saturday night! The trial was outdoors on grass, and parking for people crating from their cars was just a few yards outside of the rings. I got there early enough that I was able to park in the front row, and the back of my SUV directly faced the rings. Made it really nice to crate out of the car. I was able to watch by sitting in my chair at the back of the car with Buster in his crate with his crate door open. About halfway through the night, the timing device in one of the rings started acting up, and a call was put out for a stop watch. I was close to the ring, and my watch has a stopwatch feature, so I walked over to the ring, handed off my watch and showed the timer how to use it. I forgot that Buster's crate door was open! I turned and went back to my car, and Buster was still in his crate, but he'd managed to snag his bag of treats and was having a little feast!! I managed to salvage about half of his treats, but he was quite pleased with himself.

I really enjoyed doing the night trial, it was much more casual, totally different atmosphere from a regular trial. The weather sucked, but at least we didn't get hit by the thunderstorms, which all managed to skirt around us. It was hot, humid, and buggy, we got to listen to thunder, and say some spectacular lightening, but still fun.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: What a weekend!

Postby rtropeano » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:17 am

Glad you two had fun at agility - that's the name of the game right?
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Canned Ice » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:30 pm

Lisa, that sounds like so much fun. And Buster sounds like he was awesome (they usually are). I'm truly jealous. Are there any pictures? First place has to have pictures!

Buckley's intermediate class ended and he needs some solid work on obstacle discrimination, weaves, and zoomies before I could even dream of him entering a competition. I can't wait to get one of those job thingees so I can afford to get some solid advanced work with a trainer. One day maybe I'll be posting about Buckley's accomplishments.
Buckley - I own this mountain.
Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:40 am

Canned Ice wrote:Are there any pictures? First place has to have pictures!

Sadly, no pics. Since it was outside at night, it wasn't the best for pics. I had a friend video our Snooker run, but I messed up the run and had her delete the video.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Postby AuntieMom » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:12 pm

aaack! How did I miss this? Congratulations!!!!
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Agility