Another night trial

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Another night trial

Postby Lisa » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:23 am

Had another night trial this weekend and Buster and I had a lot of fun.

Friday night, we started running courses at 7:30 PM. The trial was USDAA Starters and Advanced only. We started with Gamblers, and Buster did really well up until the actual gamble - that was a send to the teeter...Buster doesn't like the teeter and doesn't send to contact obstacles well. Sooo, he tried hard, but we didn't Q. Next up was Jumpers - he did awesome and managed to Q and get second place. As we were running Jumpers, a huge storm started to roll in. Since the trial was outside, the decision was made to finish up the Advanced Jumpers dogs, and postpone everything else until Saturday, and we'd just start an hour early. I've never seen bars get set so fast before! Every time there was a jump height change, people swarmed on to the course to get bars set so that we could get the dogs moving as quickly as possible and get the class done before the storm. We just barely made it and as the last dog ran, the rain started to fall.

Saturday night, we started at 6:30 pm, and ran the Starters Jumpers and Starters and Advanced Snooker classes which should have been run the previous night. Buster's Snooker run was really nice, but he knocked a bar at the #3 jump in the closing and didn't Q. Then, we started the classes that were originally scheduled for Saturday night. Buster again had an awesome Jumpers run and Q'd and placed 1st, giving him two legs towards his P2 Jumpers title. Buster's Standard run was his best ever...and it still sucked. BUT, he took the dog walk with no issues, took the teeter with no issues, and didn't bounce off the table...all things we've struggled with. Our problem was that we were waaaaay over time, because Buster suddenly decided that he didn't know how to lay down on the table. I finally got him to lay down, but we ended up hitting the maximum course time. I'm still proud of him, since he managed to do all the obstacles we've been having issues with in trials. Got home at 1:30 am, and I'm trying to unwind a little before going to bed.

Thank goodness I can sleep in a little on Sunday!!!
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Another night trial

Postby Cindy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:24 am

I don't know where you guys get the energy from!!??!! Buster (or any Britt) not wanting to lay down?? What were those people thinking who made THAT part of an agility class? They obviously weren't thinking about Brittanys!!! Good job once again.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:35 am

Cindy wrote:I don't know where you guys get the energy from!!??!!

Boy, ain't that the truth :P It all sounds exhausting....but, very rewarding 8) 8) Good job, Lisa, lot's of steps forward 8) 8)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby rtropeano » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Sounds like you had a fun night....can't wait to work agility again soon.....just wish equipment was cheaper.

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:31 pm

Thanks guys. We are having so much fun lately. Now, I'm just trying to work on building speed and distance with Buster. He has the speed to compete with Border Collies, but is a bit hesitant and it slows him down! Not sure when our next trial will be...probably September sometime. There's a USDAA regional trial that my club is hosting this month, but it's almost entirely tournament classes and I think there's only one thing each day that Buster can enter, which is a waste of time, so we're skipping that one. I may go watch, just to see some of the top competitors and help out my club, though.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Return to Agility