Wanted: New Handler

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Wanted: New Handler

Postby Lisa » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi guys, this is Buster. Momma promised me a new agility handler for Christmas. Does anyone want the job? I promise to be a real good dog and follow your directions. You just have to give me the right directions and give 'em to me quick! I love my momma, and I like doing agility with her, but she said it was her fault I didn't Q last weekend and I need a new handler. I don't know if I wanna work for anyone else, and I don't really care about Q's. I just like to have fun and run around the ring! Maybe, if I put an ad out and no one asks for the job, she'll stay my handler and will just get me food for Christmas instead. Tell her I really like beef. Okay? Uh-oh...gotta go...momma's coming!
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Wanted: New Handler

Postby Cindy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:02 pm

I thought Buster might be asking for a new agility handler because you don't seem to be around much :roll: :lol: I've missed hearing from you on a regular basis. You must be keeping pretty busy at work.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:32 pm

:lol: :lol: Well, Buster....here's the scoop :wink: You don't need a new handler, or even a temporary handler, your Mom just needs more time to practice on HER agility skills :P :P Hang in there big fella, Mom will get it all together one of these days :wink: Meantime, you just keep having fun running around the ring, what will be will be :wink:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Alifaire » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Hey Buster! This is Victor. If you find where the fast and accurate handler store is, please let me know. My Mom says I need a new handler really, really badly. I kinda like running with Mom cause she always does something I don't expect. Sometimes she runs a whole course without mistake and then she is very happy. Me? I'm very happy just running and jumping. :D :D :D

Christmas is coming - maybe Santa Paws will bring me a new handler or new knees for Mom!

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Lisa » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Cindy wrote:I thought Buster might be asking for a new agility handler because you don't seem to be around much I've missed hearing from you on a regular basis. You must be keeping pretty busy at work.

Work has been insane - been working like 16 hour days, then all day at agility trials on the weekends. Buster did get his P2 Snooker title (USDAA) two weekends ago. This last weekend was an AKC show, which we hardly ever do - I think our last one was in March. Buster has some weird issue with our club's AKC teeter (the teeter is reversible - one side is AKC and purple/yellow, the other is USDAA and blue/yellow). When the teeter is on the blue side, he's fine with it, on the purple side, he refuses it. So, he was refusing the teeter all weekend. After the show, as incentive for helping to stay and load equipment, we got to practice on it a bit and I finally managed to get him to go over the stupid teeter. So, yeah - Buster had lots of fun running around the ring and not taking obstacles.

Then, we got back home from the show, and Buster decided to take a trip around my neighborhood in the pouring rain. He had a blast - I was ready to kill him when I got a hold of him. Apparently, playing in the rain was more rewarding than coming to me. That's a new one, so now I need to do some recall work with him again.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby Canned Ice » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Oh Lisa, Buster and Buckley seem like they'd be a troublesome pair. He's picky about colors on agility equipment too. Our first trainer made her own equipment and it was all pink and purple. The current trainer has regulation equipment and he will frequently refuse the tire I guess because it just doesn't look "right." I don't know why he's so particular about the color of the tire; he certainly doesn't exercise the same discretion with the items he eats.
Buckley - I own this mountain.
Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby rtropeano » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:55 am

Lisa wrote:
Cindy wrote:Then, we got back home from the show, and Buster decided to take a trip around my neighborhood in the pouring rain. He had a blast - I was ready to kill him when I got a hold of him. Apparently, playing in the rain was more rewarding than coming to me. That's a new one, so now I need to do some recall work with him again.

Ah naughtiness must be in the air, Daisy did the same thing with me. Normally I don't let her run around off leash, but I make an exception with her Springer friend - and they are usually pretty good, but NOT yesterday. They took their play into another yard. When she was done running with the Springer, she didn't want to come over. So I walked slowly towards her and she got this WILD look in her eye and went into a play bow....as if to say, ah catch me if you can. I wanted to kill that little stinker :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: So recall practice is on OUR agenda too.

Let me know how you make out !!!!

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Alifaire » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:14 am

I really wanted to begin off-leash training with Victor hoping for 'free range' walks sometime in the future. I'm rethinking that idea.

Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Lisa » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:56 pm

If anyone's interested in seeing them, we had a photographer at the show, and she got some nice pics of Buster. I'm still trying to decide which ones to buy.
Here's his Saturday runs: http://wagntrain.exposuremanager.com/g/ ... ster_20076
And his Sunday Jumpers run: http://wagntrain.exposuremanager.com/g/brower_buster

Yes, I know I look like a dork in the pics....I'd crop myself out and zoom in on Buster in any images I purchase!
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby Alifaire » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:28 am

Very nice pics! Buy them all if you can. I always want all the proofs and then spend some $ on cropped, zoomed, enhanced pics.

Victor and I competed on Friday. Qualified in FAST [Open level]. I must have left my brain at the start line because I did not cue him well during the last half of the Jumpers or Standard course. He seems completely confused sometimes so, as painful as it is, I have to watch the videos of our runs and see what the heck I am doing - instead of what I should be doing.

So Victor is still looking for a new handler. :roll: :oops:

Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Return to Agility