Finally got Nov A JWW Title

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Finally got Nov A JWW Title

Postby Lisa » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:53 pm

And, we finally broke our NQ streak. I swear, it's been months and multiple shows since Buster has managed a single Q. We hardly ever do AKC shows...mostly USDAA, since I think it's more fun. But, Buster did AKC this weekend and got his first FAST Q (it's only the second time we've done FAST) and got his last Nov A JWW leg for his title. Except for an issue with the weaves, which was entirely my fault, his JWW run was really nice! I was a dork, didn't expect him to take the weaves, and when he did, I was standing there watching instead of moving forward...so he stopped and turned around to look at me! He spun around at the double jump - again my fault, as I did the rear cross too early. But, I got some major distance handling in. Here's the video if you want to see.

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... 0-NJWW.flv
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Finally got Nov A JWW Title

Postby rtropeano » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 am

Great Video Lisa - You and Buster are an excellent team. Thanks for sharing.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Cindy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:07 am

All your hard work is paying off. :D I can't see the video from home but will watch when I get to work and have high speed!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Alifaire » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:21 pm

Congratulations!!!! I'm so proud of you and Buster - he's got real speed and drive and distance. I look forward to hearing and seeing more of your videos!

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Barb Wright » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:19 pm

WOW !!!! Congratulations to both of you....it takes TEAM WORK 8) 8) And Buster looks terrific 8) How proud you must be....payback for all the hard work :D WOO HOO :D :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Lisa » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Thanks all! When I came out of the ring, the lady that was taping me said she'd never seen my boy run so fast and with such distance. It was a really good day!

Alifaire wrote:I'm so proud of you and Buster - he's got real speed and drive and distance

Thanks! It's been a real challenge with him. That speed and distance is a new thing, and I was just in awe. I was running him and he just started picking up speed. All I could do was start calling out directions and hope he didn't screw up. It worked better than I could have hoped.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby Alifaire » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:53 pm

That speed and distance is a new thing,

My instructor says speed together with distance comes from a dog that's more confident in the handler. Sounds like your team is coming together!!!!

Tell me, did you feel like you were 'in sync' with your dog-working as one? It's a great feeling when it happens.

Good job. Lookin' forward to your next qualifying run.

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby DLDoiron » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Great video. You must be a proud mama. I hope to see you and Buster at the CA ABR picnic.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana
DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Alifaire wrote:Tell me, did you feel like you were 'in sync' with your dog-working as one? It's a great feeling when it happens.

Once we got past the weave poles, yeah, we were much more in sync. I haven't felt that with him in MONTHS!! We had a fun match two weekends ago at the same facility as this show and I think that really helped him to not stress so much in the facility. I had to laugh at a friend...we came off the course, and she asked me when I became a NADAC handler (we don't do NADAC, just USDAA and some AKC).

DLDoiron wrote: I hope to see you and Buster at the CA ABR picnic.

Thanks. I don't think we're gonna be able to make it out to CA. Got some stuff going on for work that I can't take time off. Plus, it's an agility show weekend. I'm going to try to make it to the Nat'l picnic again, though.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby AuntieMom » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Lisa, I missed this thread wanted to thank you for adding the video to the thread. Buster looks great and is so fast I'm surprised the camerawoman was able to capture him. Congratulations to you both. :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Agility