Two titles in two weekends!

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Two titles in two weekends!

Postby Lisa » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:07 am

Two weekends ago, Buster got his Novice FAST title in AKC. It was only the 8th AKC show we've done, and only the 3rd show in which FAST was offered. We simply don't do many AKC shows. Anyway, he was awesome on the course! He raked in 55 points in just under 15 seconds. I've never seen him do that great of a job. My general strategy on a FAST course is to get in the ring, get enough points to qualify, and get out as quickly as possible. I've found that if I stay in the ring too long, trying to get lots of points, then Buster gets distracted and I end up losing the points because we go over time trying to get to the finish jump.

This past weekend, my boy earned his P1 Pairs title in USDAA. He's done great in Pairs...this was only the 4th time we've done pairs. The first time, I screwed up and we didn't Q, but the last three times we've run pairs, we've Q'd. The nice thing about pairs is that he can do the half of the course that has the obstacles he's good at, and with it being time plus faults, and Buster being fairly fast, we can usually run off a missed contact!

So, in the two venues we regularly compete in, the only thing I'm still lacking is a qualifying run in Standard! Can't seem to get one of those for anything. The next show, in November, will mark exactly two years of trialing with Buster...I'm really hoping to finally get that elusive Standard Q.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Two titles in two weekends!

Postby Cindy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:14 am

Congratulations and this link is going directly out to Gretchen who originally had Buster has a foster!! I know you're thinking (down the road) about getting a different breed for agility but WHY?? There must be many more Busters out there and you've done an awesome job with him.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Alifaire » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 am

AWESOME JOB! A Q in FAST in just 15 seconds??!!! WOW, now that's fast. Wish there was video of that. I'm so proud of you and Buster. :D

It just gets better and better from here!

Run clean, run fast, run happy and may the course be with you!

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby janet909 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:02 am

I definitely don't know all the lingo but I do know enough to say ....CONGRATS to Buster and Lisa !!!!!! That is great. What a pair. We'll be sending good vibes for qualifying in November !!!!
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:03 am

:D Soooo cool 8) 8) A STAR and a STAR MAKER, what a pair :D :D Congratulations :D Onward and upward, lots of good wishes for November :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Lisa » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks all! I'm proud of my little guy.

Cindy wrote:I know you're thinking (down the road) about getting a different breed for agility but WHY?? There must be many more Busters out there and you've done an awesome job with him.
\

That's a seriously frightening thought! The world is only big enough for ONE Buster :D I keep going back and forth on my next dog. I really like Tervs, but I also really want a tri-color Britt. We'll see.

Alifaire wrote:A Q in FAST in just 15 seconds??!!! WOW, now that's fast. Wish there was video of that.

I wish I'd gotten video too!! It was an awesome course for him, I was able to pick up a ton of points just by making a big loop to the send and then out to the finish jump. He was able to really pick up speed and was flying! I ran it during the walk through, and timed it at 15 seconds, but I usually have to add in at least 10 seconds to account for Buster being goofy...not this time, he stayed right on task.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Postby Cindy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:47 pm

I really like Tervs, but I also really want a tri-color Britt.

I love the tri color Britts - get one of those!! We need more good Brittany agility ambassadors :)
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby PaulZale » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Fantastic, Buster you sure are making your MOM proud of you. You have one more tittle to master and we sure are hoping you make it. Paul
PaulZale
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Postby rtropeano » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:07 pm

Excellent job Lisa and Buster! I always enjoy hearing agility tales :) Good luck on the Standard eventually you're going to get that Q.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Agility