Fun agility day

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Fun agility day

Postby Lisa » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:23 pm

Buster had a very good day at the USDAA show today! Yesterday, he was kind of a dork, but today he ran really well. He FINALLY got a P1 Standard Q :!: :!: His very first USDAA Standard Q after over 2 years of trying.

Here's his P1 Standard run:
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... 062011.mp4

His P2 Gamblers run was a little wild. It was his first run of the day, and he totally had the zoomies. He did not Q, but managed to rack up quite a few points.

His P2 Pairs run...well, he'd already successfully done weaves once for the day, and didn't want to do them again. Then, he decided his run wasn't done and wanted to run his partner's course too. Again, no Q.

Our P3 Snooker run started out really well. He was paying attention and doing great! We got through the opening, but the tunnel sucking monster hit in the close, and he just couldn't stay out of that tunnel! No Q.

And, last but not least, P3 Jumpers. Buster was the last dog of the trial! He was running incredibly well. I screwed up and caused a refusal, which then put us over time by like 1.5 seconds. So, no Q, but it was >< this close!
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Fun agility day

Postby Cindy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:50 am

The videos are great and it never ceases to amaze me when I see how how FAST Buster is. You both just look like you're having so much fun. Congrats!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby janet909 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:36 am

Congrats to you and Buster !!!!!!! It must be hard to focus with the zoomies but on the other hand, what a great way to get those zoomies OUT.
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:14 am

INSPIRING !!! Zoomies WITH standing :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Lisa » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks guys! With that Standard Q, I honestly felt like he'd earned his MACH or ADCH (the highest titles in AKC or USDAA). At the end of the video, all that cheering...those were my friends cheering for Buster. As we walked out of the ring, I picked him up, spun him around and said "oh my God, you got a Q!!"

Cindy wrote: it never ceases to amaze me when I see how how FAST Buster is

He really is quite fast. I had several people comment on it this weekend! When he got the zoomies, he was flying. He was also moving along really well in Jumpers, but he was also working and paying attention...and that was the last class of the day, after 4 runs on Saturday and 5 on Sunday, so he was tired.

Janet909 wrote:It must be hard to focus with the zoomies but on the other hand, what a great way to get those zoomies OUT.

:lol: I love having Gamblers first, just to get the zoomies out. In the opening of Gamblers, you get points for obstacles taken, so at least if he's zooming and taking obstacles, we're still getting points! Of course, half the time, I can't get him to stop zooming so that we can attempt the gamble, but oh well. He was especially obsessed with the tire this time and he usually doesn't like the tire...I think he took it on his own 3 times! My plan (yes, I always go in to the ring with a plan, even though I know it probably won't happen) didn't even have him taking the tire once.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby rtropeano » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:14 am

OMG Lisa, he is extremely fast - I don't know how you keep up with him. YOu too look like you're having so much fun out there. Congrats on all of your accomplishments....

Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Thanks Rose. We do have lots of fun, and he can be really fast! I don't always keep up with him, so I'm trying to do more distance work in training!
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby rtropeano » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm doing a lot "go" with Daisy and I lead out!!!! Otherwise, I wouldn't stand a chance, and we're just training. Out of shape owner and super athletic dog not usually a good combo :oops: :D :lol:

I see a lot of distance work and rear crosses in our future.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Alifaire » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:51 am

Great job!!! Running contacts?? :P you go, girl!!!! Nice videos. I'm especially impressed that Buster runs in the dirt without his nose on the ground.

HOW DO YOU HEAR ANYTHING IN THAT VENUE?? :shock: It is so loud. It obviously doesn't bother Buster - so good job training that.

Congratulations on your new title! Keep those videos coming.

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Lisa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:23 am

Running contacts??

Yup! Had to. If Buster stops, I lose his focus.

I'm especially impressed that Buster runs in the dirt without his nose on the ground

Usually. It's taken a long time to get to that point and lots of training on dirt floors. At one point early last year, I was picking him up and walking him out for half of our runs, 'cuz he wouldn't get his nose up.

HOW DO YOU HEAR ANYTHING IN THAT VENUE?? It is so loud. It obviously doesn't bother Buster - so good job training that.

:lol: :lol: I guess we're just used to it. I don't even notice that it's that loud. I notice when it's silent! The only time the noise sucks is when you're trying to scribe for Snooker or Gamblers and trying to hear the judge call out points.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby Alifaire » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:25 am

Running contacts, dirt floors, AND scribing??!! :shock: WOW - you can do it all! You're the kind of agility competitor that is an inspiration.

I'm looking forward to more Buster videos.

Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Lisa » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Ha! I wouldn't say I do it all. I refuse to course build. I HATE it. But I'll do anything else!

One of my friends is trying to convince me to become a judge for USDAA. I'm considering it.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby rtropeano » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:31 pm

More Buster AND Victor videos......hmmmm, I'm beginning to wonder if Victor earned all those credentials after his name or if they are just "alphabet soup"..... :wink: just kidding.

I learn so much from watching you both....seriously, thanks for posting your runs.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Alifaire » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:31 am

All those letters are just another way for Brittanys to spell 'FUN'! :D

Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby rtropeano » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Alifaire wrote:All those letters are just another way for Brittanys to spell 'FUN'! :D

BTW, I just noticed next to Victor's name "RN"???

Victor is a registered nurse?? LOL....really, not sure what that one means...

Rose

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Next

Return to Agility