More Agility Videos

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

More Agility Videos

Postby Lisa » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Since y'all seem to like the videos, here are the ones of this weekend's runs. I've put them all in one "movie."

This is kind of a blooper reel, to be honest. We managed a Q in Open Standard on Friday, but I didn't get that one on video. We got a Q in Open Fast on Saturday, and that is on video. All the rest were Almost-Q's. Well, except for that first Fast run on Friday - Buster was just plain wild in that run!!!

He had some really nice moments in each run...but also a few instances of handler error and a few instances of just getting focused on what was in front of him instead of where I wanted him to go.

That's it for shows for me until April. Then we're showing just about every weekend in April and May.

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... 132011.mp4
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: More Agility Videos

Postby Cindy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:10 am

Very entertaining! What I love most about watching Buster is that he does just what you want 99.9% of the time and then .... he just can't help but to stop and smell or just take off running with wild abandon. I am just so impressed with the skills you BOTH have!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Lisa » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Cindy wrote:What I love most about watching Buster is that he does just what you want 99.9% of the time and then .... he just can't help but to stop and smell or just take off running with wild abandon.

That's what makes running him so fun. I always laugh when others ask me how I'm going to handle a course. My usual response is...I won't know until the 4th obstacle...then I'll know what dog I have out there. If he's running slow, I'll do a front cross. If he's running fast, I'll do a rear cross. Of course, it's also possible we won't make it that far, or I'll have to go collect him from some random point on the course!
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby rtropeano » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:37 pm

You two are always fun to watch. Does following the course get easier with time? Any tricks to remembering where to go?
Also, if you're running a course and your dog takes the wrong obstacle, can you still qualify......or are you "done" after that happens....

Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:00 am

rtropeano wrote:You two are always fun to watch. Does following the course get easier with time? Any tricks to remembering where to go?
Also, if you're running a course and your dog takes the wrong obstacle, can you still qualify......or are you "done" after that happens....

Following the course does get easier. When you're walking a course, try to draw lines between major obstacles...like tire to the a-frame to the tunnel (and all the jumps in between). Makes it a little easier to remember where you're going.

It depends on what venue and level you're running at as to whether or not you can Q with taking a wrong obstacle. In AKC Novice and Open Standard, you can Q with one off course and one refusal (Novice might actually allow more). In Excellent, it has to be a clean run. In AKC Jumpers, you can have a refusal in Novice and Open, but no wrong courses. In AKC Fast, you make your own course to earn points and get the "send" obstacles. In USDAA Standard and Jumpers, all levels must be clean to Q. In USDAA Pairs, it's time plus faults, so if you're fast enough, you can run off your faults and still Q. In USDAA Gamblers and Snooker, there's part where you can make your own course and part where you have to follow a set course. I haven't done much NADAC, CPE, or ASCA, so I don't know the rules for Q'ing in those venues. I usually just assume that it needs to be clean and if it wasn't and I still Q'd, then it's a nice surprise. Regardless, in most venues and classes, you can keep running your course, even if you've faulted and won't Q.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby rtropeano » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks for the explanation. If we ever do decide to compete - it would probably be CPE. I'll have to check into those rules - but I've got a ways to go. This weekend my DH goes to class alone because I'm doing an animal welfare event.....I just hope he brings back my dog in one piece LOL :)
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Agility