Great agility weekend for Buster (videos added)

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Great agility weekend for Buster (videos added)

Postby Lisa » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Buster had a great day at the USDAA show today! Sadly, no videos...I kept forgetting to get someone to record his runs. I'll try to remember tomorrow (of course, then he'll probably be a dork and they won't be worth recording anyway!).

He earned a Q in P2 Gamblers...and even did the teeter with me handling 15 feet away! It shocked the heck out of both of us, I think! He then went on to earn a 1st and Q in P3 Snooker, and a 2nd and Q in P3 Jumpers. He actually beat out a lot of much more experienced dogs in both Jumpers and Snooker...I handled him carefully, and he did just what I asked, and it paid off! His Jumpers run was actually pretty fast...38 seconds and standard course time was 45 seconds.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Great agility weekend for Buster

Postby rtropeano » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:28 am

Wooohoooo go team! Now that's the kind of distance handling I need. Great job.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Sounds like you and Buster are getting "in the Zone", and together 8) 8) YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAW !!! 8) 8) :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Lisa » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Another great day for me and Buster! He earned a 1st and Q in P1 Standard and a 3rd and Q in P2 Gamblers. His P3 Snooker run started off really nice, and then he saw a jump that looked better than where I wanted him to go and that was that. His P3 Jumpers run started out really bad...he didn't want to stay at the start line, and it messed me up, then he couldn't find the tunnel entrance. Apparently, his brain was hiding in the tunnel, because when he came out, suddenly we were connected again, and he finished the run beautifully! No Q because of the 2 refusals at the beginning, but it was still a nice run.

Here's video of his Standard run (sorry about the glare from the open doors)
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... CT0041.mp4

And here's video of his Gamblers run. The beginning is a little out of focus, but the important part is at the end where he gets the gamble anyway. And, yes, he did slam in to me after the last jump, and I did kiss the dirt. I've got nice bruises on my knee and hip to show for it.
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... CT0042.mp4

Here's his Snooker run - not a Q, but it started out nice anyway.
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... CT0043.mp4
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby Cindy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:46 pm

You go!!! And nice dive at the end too :lol: :lol: Glad you didn't hurt yourself any worse.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby rtropeano » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Nice runs - such a treat to watch. Your work gives us hope.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:41 am

Thanks Rose, Barb, and Cindy! We had a lot of fun this weekend. Buster is tuckered out!

I had to laugh at my goofy dog - it was in the high 80's/low 90's this weekend, and rather humid, so inside the arena was very muggy. I was crating with a friend, so we had 3 wire crates lined up, and wanted to get air blowing through them. I brought a box fan, and we plugged it in and decided the best approach would be to put it at one end of the line of crates and just let it blow through them all. We lined the fan up at the front half of Buster's crate, so that if it was too much air on him, he could lay in the back half of his crate to get out of the breeze. I checked on Buster a little later, and he had his nose pressed up against the edge of his crate, face turned right in to the fan, sound asleep! Apparently, he liked the full force of the fan blowing right in his face. Silly boy! He never retreated to the back of his crate...but he's low profile enough when laying down that he didn't completely block the breeze from the other dogs.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Re: Great agility weekend for Buster (videos added)

Postby rtropeano » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:13 pm

That's too funny. Daisy is for the most part laid back - but when she wants to rest, that's it. She'll hog the entire back seat of a car.

Buster seems like a really fun dog to have around...he's very smart, and agile, but not a "robo" dog. I like that.
Rose

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Agility