Fun weekend, but no Q's

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Fun weekend, but no Q's

Postby Lisa » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Buster and I went to a USDAA Advanced/Masters show this weekend. We had a great time, but didn't earn any Q's. Buster was kind of a dork and had lots of fun being silly in Gamblers and Snooker. In Jumpers, he had beautiful runs both days, with just tiny little faults that were totally due to my handling. On Saturday, he had a refusal and a dropped bar. I didn't cue a turn correctly and he ran past a jump. Then, I called his name as he was going over a jump, and it startled him and he dropped the bar. Today, I again didn't cue a jump well, but once we got past that, his run was gorgeous and fast!

Here's the video of his jumpers runs. I refuse to post the video of his other runs...they mostly consist of Buster being a dork and me trying to get him to work. You may want to mute your volume if you watch these - we were having 20 mph winds, so just about all you can hear on the video is the wind!!

Saturday's Jumpers - http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... CT0047.mp4
Sunday's Jumpers - http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... CT0050.mp4
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Fun weekend, but no Q's

Postby Sooz » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:49 pm

That's cool -- You both look like you're having fun 8)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown
Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Cindy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:02 am

The video is great but I wish I could have seen Buster being a dork. What a little character he is :lol: :lol:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Lisa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks Sooz and Cindy!

Cindy, just for you, I posted his Snooker runs. I've already deleted his Gambler runs from the video camera.

Okay - quick explainaion about Snooker - it's a strategy game in which you try to collect points before the clock runs out. You have to take a red jump, then an obstacle for points, then another red jump, then another obstacle for points, then a third red jump, then an obstacle for points, then you have to follow the numbered sequence to close the course and exit the ring. If you screw up, the judge blows the whistle and you have to run for the finish line and you're done.

In this video, I didn't get the beginning of the run on video. There were 4 red jumps on the course, and we had to do all 4. So, my plan was to do the first red jump, the 6 point obstacle, then red jump, 4 pt obstacle, red jump, 4 pt obstacle, red jump, 4 point obstacle, then closing. We did the first red and 6 point obstacle okay. Did the second red, and then Buster could NOT figure out how to get through the tunnel! He went in, turned around, came out, went in, turned around, came out, finally, went in and through. We did the next red and the 4 pt obstacle fine. Then, went to the last red...Buster sailed over it, made a huge turn, and on the way back, took the red jump again, so we got the whistle and we were done.
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... CT0046.mp4

In this video, My plan was red jump, 4 point obstacles, red jump, 7 point obstacles, red jump, 7 point obstacles, then the closing sequence. We did the first red and 4 pt fine. Did the second red and 7 pt fine. Then, we did the third red and Buster turned really wide and went through two of the weave poles on the 6 pt obstacle. It didn't really register with me for a second, and I continued towards the 7 pt obstacles. Then, I stopped, thought about it, and realized that since Buster had gone through two of the weave pole, that counted as an attempt, and we had to go do that obstacle instead of my plan, or I'd be whistled off. So, I turned him around to go do the weaves. But, I'd taken too long to think about it, and totally lost Buster. He could NOT find the weave poles for anything! He just kept running by them!!!! He finally found them and did them, but then we were totally out of time.
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... CT0049.mp4
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby Cindy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks Lisa. I get so much enjoyment out of watching a well trained dog ignoring his mother!! I think Buster thought it was called a Snicker Run - didn't I hear him laughing just a bit??!!?? :lol: :lol:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Ha, it all looks confusing to me, but I sure do love watching Buster run :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby rtropeano » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 pm

It's confusing to me too - I was just talking about Snooker to my friend who owns Daisy's brother....oy! Congrats for even understanding it - nevermind running it LOL.

Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Cindy - Buster is SUCH a goof! He was having a great time, just not doing what I wanted him to.

Barb and Rose, I LOVE Snooker! It's so much fun. The only way to learn how to play it is to just enter it and screw up! Once you break a rule, you won't do it again. Buster usually does well in Snooker, this just wasn't our weekend. He was having more fun running and hunting than paying attention to me.
Image Image RIP Madi
Lisa

Postby rtropeano » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:46 pm

teeeheee...there will be a lot of screwing up for me, I'm sure.....but that's okay. We do agility for fun.

I did notice he was sniffing the ground as he was running on that last one. If I were a BC trainer I'd tell you, "now Lisa, Buster is sniffing because he is stressing out, you have to make it fun for him".....LOL.

Hog Wash - that dog was having fun. Buster was looking for crap, just like Daisy and all the other brits do on the agility course when they get bored with it .... :roll:

Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Agility