herding fun at agility???

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

herding fun at agility???

Postby rtropeano » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:16 pm

We had so much fun at agility, even we weren't doing what we were supposed to do. For some reason, I couldn't get the serpentine right...
I almost kissed the dirt and fell on Daisy...anyhoo.....

At the end of class we were doing a last sequence, only five obstacles, she gets through them looks at me wild eyed and takes off doing laps around the course....I couldn't catch her of course, nor did a try to, so I decided to run with her. We get to a little square area at the end near the gate, she's a head of me and she tries to get out of that corner, but low and behold there was an Aussie there who kept her herded in there until I got there and grabbed her.....

What a good Aussie, I gave that Aussie all the chicken Daisy was going to get, IF she would have come when she was supposed too....naughty Brittany!!!

It WAS the funniest thing I ever saw though.....never a dull moment...

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: herding fun at agility???

Postby Sooz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:31 am

You must have an awesome sense of humor! That description of Daisy's antics had me laughing.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown
Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby MaggieRocks » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:45 am

Hmm...maybe you should adopt an Aussie next? :wink:
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:41 am

:lol: :lol: What a visual.....I can just see it all happening! Daisy has the right attitude....do all the required stuff then CUT LOOSE !! :P Bet the Aussie was happy to do a little herding after the competition, his variation on the zoomies :lol: :lol: You guys are having a great time, it's so neat to hear all the stories, thanks for letting us enjoy your fun too :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby rtropeano » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:06 pm

She's had that "attitude" since she was a young pup. I remember when I was doing Canine Good Citizen training - she'd perform the dog to dog greeting perfectly, then, we'd turn around to go away - and she's tried to greet the dog again on her own to play.....she's a character.

We have great fun at agility - even though many times it doesn't go as planned - frankly, those are some of the best days. One of these days, I'm going to have to tape one of her after course zoomie episodes...the look in her eyes is WILD.

I'm all for competition, but.....I like just messing around too.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:36 pm

rtropeano wrote:One of these days, I'm going to have to tape one of her after course zoomie episodes...the look in her eyes is WILD.

I know that wild look well. I can always tell that a run is going to devolve in to zoomies when I look at Buster's eyes just before going in the ring, and see those super wide eyes, with the pupils completely blown, and just this look of "OMG, gotta RUN!!!!!"
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Postby rtropeano » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:10 pm

I don't know if you notice this in your agility dogs - but I swear when she starts zooming she's laughing at me because she knows damn well there is nothing I can do to stop her...

I'll have to look for the "wild" eye early on and see if I can pick up on it...

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Agility