Another title earned (video added)

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Another title earned (video added)

Postby Lisa » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:38 pm

And that was the only Q of two days of USDAA and 10 runs. Buster earned his P2 Relay title last Sunday. He was paired with a Corgi, and both dogs did great! Buster is now at the Masters/P3 level in all USDAA classes except Standard...and I'm pretty sure that Charm is going to be through P2 Standard before Buster finishes that title!!!

Buster had a few good runs and some where I swear he left his brain either in his crate or back at home!

On Saturday, he ran Gamblers, Standard, Snooker, and Jumpers. Gamblers was the first class, and as we entered the ring, I knew I was in trouble when I looked at Buster and saw those super wide eyes and that "gotta RUN!" look. Sure enough, we went in the ring, and he just went wild. I think we managed a grand total of 8 points...forget about actually getting the gamble. In Standard, Buster was actually doing well until we got to the Dogwalk/tunnel discrimination and he decided that he like tunnels better. Then he decided he liked the tunnel so much that he should do it twice more before finally conceding to do the dogwalk. Snooker was just an oops on both our parts, when he back jumped a jump in the opening and got eliminated. Jumpers was a really nice run, but there had been an irrigation pipe leak under the ring, so the ground was super spongy. Buster's foot kinda got stuck on the take off for a jump, and he knocked a bar down.

On Sunday, he ran Gamblers, Standard, Snooker, Jumpers, Pairs, and Grand Prix. In Jumpers, Buster decided that all the tunnels had force fields in front of them, and he couldn't go in them on the first try. So, we had a few refusals for difficulty in going in to tunnels. Gamblers was much better than the previous day, but the gamble was a tunnel to the weaves, and Buster came out of the tunnel and turned back to me instead of going to the weaves, so we didn't get the gamble. Standard...I'm pretty sure he left his brain in his crate. It was just a mess. That's really all I can say about that run. Snooker, he started out slow, but then picked up the speed...I screwed up my handling and sent him to a wrong jump. Grand Prix had another dogwalk/tunnel discrimination and in a repeat of the previous day's events, Buster decided the tunnel had to be taken a few times before he could do the dogwalk. And then there was Pairs. FINALLY, I got ONE Q for the weekend. Buster and Luna the Corgi had a very nice run. I'll post video if I ever get it downloaded from my camera!!
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Another title earned

Postby Cindy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:30 pm

What an amazing story! I'm just glad that Buster still knows how to act like a Brittany!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Another title earned (video added)

Postby Lisa » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:39 pm

Here's the video of his Pairs run:

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... =00052.mp4

Feel free to view the rest of the videos from this weekend, but they are mostly blooper reels. The only other really nice run we had was Jumpers on Saturday: http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... =00044.mp4
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Postby Sooz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:12 am

That was a great video! Buster did great, and I had to smile at that Corgi's short little legs going over its baby jumps :)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown
Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby Barb Wright » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:26 am

Hmmm.....are you going to have to move to a bigger house with a bigger wall for all the honors and ribbons for Buster :P Congratulations once again to both of you....good job :!: Watching Buster zip around just makes a person smile from ear to ear :) Thanks for sharing the videos, they all look pretty super to me :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Humphrey's Mom » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Congrats!! What a great video! Give Buster some extra snacks, he deserves it!

Mary

Humphrey's Mom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Return to Agility