Well, clean run mag won't be contacting me soon..

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Well, clean run mag won't be contacting me soon..

Postby rtropeano » Sat May 26, 2012 9:13 pm

We had a fun run today....and Daisy got away from me... we started out okay, but then she took off did a few laps around the ring, then came back and finished the course.
At least I can say this time I got her back... but by then, I forgot the course myself...LOL...what can I say, we always have fun.

Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Well, clean run mag won't be contacting me soon..

Postby Barb Wright » Sat May 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Rose, your attitude is phenomenal....upbeat, go with the flow (that is, letting Brittany enthusiasm count for big points, if not considered "qualifying"), and just enjoying the heck out of doing things with your pup. My hat is off to you for just going down the trail, enjoying the good parts and saying "well, heck, maybe next time" :D Both of you, YOU ROCK !!!
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Cindy » Sun May 27, 2012 5:04 am

As far as I'm concerned it's all about having fun. You both have the right spirit! :)
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Alifaire » Sun May 27, 2012 11:24 am

It's better to have an agility dog that loves to run than to kill the drive and have to beg your dog to go around the course! Enjoy the ride she'll be staying with you all the time very soon.

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby rtropeano » Sun May 27, 2012 9:36 pm

I agree with everyone, we always have a good time. She runs very fast. I'm posting one of her runs on facebook. Almost got a virus from imageshak so I don't post there anymore.

She's a good girl and she loves agility and that's what it's all about for us. I saw a person "scold" their dog yesterday for missing a contact. Grabbed this poor little cocker and dropped it (hard) on the end of the A frame scowled and yelled, "that's contact". I saw one of the ring people go over to her - hopefully to remind her that she shouldn't be yelling at her dog.

One thing is for sure, this group better hope that I never become a judge because I would have excused her from the course for that. It was a fun run and she's manhandling her little dog. Ugh....that is the dark side of agility that I don't like.

Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Alifaire » Mon May 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Sometimes people just forget that agility is a game and the dog only steps onto the course because they are asked to. Recently my agility circle has lost 2 dogs at young ages. So painful for them and a painful reminder for the rest of us - we don't know how long we have with our buddies. Rough handling seldom solves a contact issue anyway - if it's not fun, the poor dog will probably become more stressed.

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Return to Agility