Daisy's First Trial - unfortunately might be a rain out

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Daisy's First Trial - unfortunately might be a rain out

Postby rtropeano » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Unfortunately, I think Daisy's first trial which is scheduled for tomorrow Sat. June 2, will be a wash out.
Most likely the trial will still go on in the rain and showers, BUT, my husband and I have decided that we will not
run Daisy in the rain. She's just too darn fast and we don't want to risk injury (to her or us) on a slippery out door course.

We're disappointed, but there will be others. For now we'll just look forward to class.
This rain is really starting to get annoying now.

Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Daisy's First Trial - unfortunately might be a rain out

Postby Lisa » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:08 pm

:lol: :lol: I was gonna say, the trials here never get canceled because of rain! Wind gusts up to 50 mph...no problem, we'll just replace the chute with a jump or tunnel, turn the dog walk so it's not cross-wise to the wind, and stake everything down real good. Raining...replace the chute with a jump or tunnel, and hide under an umbrella until it's time for your run. Thunder and lightening...if it's overhead, we'll wait just a bit, but then we run!

Yeah. Buster doesn't LIKE running in the rain, so if it's an outdoor show and it's actively raining during his run, I'll scratch him. We still go, just in case the rain stops before his run. I've seen lots of handlers take dives in the rain, but I've never seen a dog wipe-out on a course.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Daisy's First Trial - unfortunately might be a rain out

Postby rtropeano » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:38 pm

That's exactly what my friend (who owns Daisy's brother) told me Thunder, everyone takes cover in their cars for a bit - but then, they wait and run once it stops.
We'll see what happens, we may just go and watch....weather may clear up in the afternoon. I was hoping it would clear in the morning when we are supposed to do a "full house" run in which you make your own course but you have to get 2 circles (tires/tunnels/chute) and three jumps and a contact. I was hoping to be able to do that because it's the only run where we "might" have a chance to Q because there's no off course....LOL, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen....oh well, next time.

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Agility