Daisy's First Trial - First Q

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Daisy's First Trial - First Q

Postby rtropeano » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Daisy had her first trial today and had her first Q and third place finish in Jumpers.
She had a great run - only one fault - a back jump - which is allowed in CPE level one!
This was the last run of the day.

Her first run was great - fast and clean - Fullhouse. Had plenty of points...all set to Q, etc. HOWEVER,
Daisy decided when she was leaving the ring to party early and she took off right before we got to the gate and
had a zoomie fest by her self, which earned her an NT and we lost all those points and were politely excused from that run.
She was soo bad - it took like 10 people to track her down - I thought we were going to get excused from the trial nevermind just the run.

Her second run was standard...and that was very bad. Jimmy lost her from the beginning - she just decided to run around and sniff, another NT.

Her third run, Colors was very good - had nice control of her she was running well, and clean, pretty much until I forgot the course and made her take an obstacle twice because I forgot what I was doing. Can't really blame her from that - so I blamed my instructor LOL.

All in all a good day - I'm posting videos of our runs on Facebook, until I can find another host to post them on here.

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Daisy's First Trial - First Q

Postby Cindy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:36 am

Excelent! And love the solo zoomie run! :lol: :lol:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Daisy's First Trial - First Q - Video Added

Postby rtropeano » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:49 am

Here is a video of Daisy's first ever trial run (Full House CPE). You'll see at the end they were handing me a leash and she just took off....LOL
http://youtu.be/G0w7jCR5PMs

The second video is our Colors run where you will see ME forget the course - should have listened to Daisy she knew where to go....
http://youtu.be/DkZ7CZZAGZI

The last video is of Daisy's Jumpers run where she got her first Q and third place - my husband Jimmy is handling her.
http://youtu.be/ZSRdECflfxQ

We had a lot of fun yesterday - Daisy is zonked out today.
Rose

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Alifaire » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:03 am

Love the videos! What a good girl Daisy is & she can compete with different handlers! That's one 'can-do' kinda dog. :D

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby rtropeano » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:12 am

We are very proud of her! I'm happy that she did any obstacles at all - because we are just getting back to the outdoor courses and she usually likes to spend a lot of time just checking out the bugs and terrain.
Rose

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:16 pm

GREAT videos 8) 8) So proud of you all.....had me smiling from beginning to end :D :D What fun, it looks like everyone is just having a grand time :D Congratulations on the first of what I am sure will be many Q's :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Lisa » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Congrats on the Q!!! Looks like y'all had fun. I wouldn't worry too much about the zoomies...she'll eventually learn not to do that (probably...and then, she'll decide, once she's in Masters that the Jumpers course must have a zoomie lap before being run, and you'll stand there, just staring at her and wondering what the heck she was thinking about! Yeah - ask Buster about how he still likes to occasionally embarrass his Mom with zoomies).

As for video posting - I upload my videos to Photobucket.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Postby janet909 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:06 pm

I LOVED watching all three videos. Go Daisy !!!!! It looks like a lot of fun and a great way to run off energy !!! I also always love watching her beautiful tail. Keep up the great work mom !!!!! (dad too :D )
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby rtropeano » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:36 am

Thanks - she really enjoys agility as you can see. We enjoy working with her do. Running is her favorite thing to do, so we'll keep playing agility until she doesn't want to anymore or she can't physically do it - then we'll do nosework!

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Agility