Q, Q &Q

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Q, Q &Q

Postby rtropeano » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:13 pm

We finally did it - I got my first Q today in CPE, Full House (it's a strategy game with points). I also did Snooker and she did great, except for the 30 seconds she spent visiting the scoring table volunteers and sniffing around the perimeter of the course LOL - we were able to complete the opening and were on the sequencing part but we just ran out of time before we could complete the closing because she was too busy visiting early on.....for that run we managed 18 points and needed 24....

Jimmy got 2 Q's today - one for Jumpers and one for Colors. His standard run was a mess, she just took off and couldn't come back.

All in all a good day.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Q, Q &Q

Postby Cindy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:32 am

All in all a good day.

It sounds like a GREAT day!! Good job everyone!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:33 am

Rose, you guys ROCK!! When I read your posts I always end up with a smile on my face :) All that fun on your way to Glory.....WTG :D Congrats on the first of many Q's to come.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby rtropeano » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Thanks! We always have fun --always.

There have been times when all she does is literally run around the field. Like last week at class, she decided she liked the cool weather and didn't feel like playing agility - felt like running. So I decided to use this "technique" that some agility folks use which is either to just walk off the field or hide so the dog can't find you.

Now, MOST dogs, uh ahem *border collies* will stop and look for their owner.....what does Daisy do - she keeps running. I dove and hid next to a tunnel, she came around the bend, jumped OVER me an kept going....what do you do with a dog like that LOL...but laugh!!! We're there to have a good time and she did.

After that little "drama" my instructor jokingly told me we should be a "circus" act (we're friends).....gotta luv it. And no, Jimmy stopped taping so he didn't catch the flying leap.

I wish he did, because that would have been an AWESOME blooper tape...

Rose

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby janet909 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:18 am

It all sounds like so much fun and yes, sometimes,they just have to get their ya-yas out. I wish that would have been on tape too. It would have been fun to watch. Congrats though. Sounds like you two are doing great and that she is learning the ropes.
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Alifaire » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Congratulations! It's all part of the agility journey which always has a few stops at the corner of 'Humility' and 'Humor'!

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Postby rtropeano » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks for the reminder - lately we've had a lot of stops at the humility and humor corner. Just today, I had to correct her - because she was simply out of her mind. My husband grabbed her by the collar because she was running all over agility field like a lunatic and just wouldn't stop - when he finally grabbed her, she was bucking like a bronco trying to get a way (the equivalent of a child throwing a fit)...so I grabbed her sat her down and yelled "ENOUGH".... felt bad about doing :( I know agility is supposed to be positive.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby Lisa » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Sometimes, they do need a reminder to engage their brain and work with us. I've picked Buster up and carried him off a course because he'd just lost his mind.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Return to Agility