Agility Adventures with Charm

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Agility Adventures with Charm

Postby Lisa » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Charm is proving to be an interesting challenge in agility training. She so loves to watch other dogs run, that she will stop mid run to watch! Normally, Charm has her class in the barn, and the other class is held in the outside field. However, it's been either raining or too cold for the other class to be outside lately, so we've been splitting the barn. Last night at class, Charm decided that it was just too much for her to handle, and she needed to go visit the dog that was running on the other half of the barn. She jumped the ring fencing, and ran to join the other dog. The other dog stayed focused on running it's course, so Charm just joined in. As I watched in shock, Charm completed a jump, a-frame, and another jump side by side and perfectly in sync with the other dog!

I was hoping she'd be ready for her agility debut by March, but now I'm not so sure. I have to keep reminding myself that she's still a baby dog and still learning this stuff. I wanted to strangle her last night, though!
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Agility Adventures with Charm

Postby Cindy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Do they offer synchronized agility? Maybe Charm is a candidate for that :lol: :lol: You can't fault her for being so entertaining, or at least for entertaining the rest of us!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby dmedric » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:50 pm

I love the visual on synchronized agility :D
dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Postby janet909 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:11 am

Sounds pretty funny though I'm sure you definitely were NOT feeling that at the time. You're right, she's still a baby and I'm ALWAYS amazed at how much you've taught her already. There will be hiccups along the way but don't get frustrated. The amount of concentration that this takes must be astounding and it always sounds like she's constantly learning. I can't see any of mine being focused that long unless we're talking about Wes stalking a lizard. I say, GREAT JOB Charm.....and mom !!!!!
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Agility