Charm's first fun match

Is your Britt fast and agile? Stop in here to see if Agility is for you!

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Charm's first fun match

Postby Lisa » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:49 pm

I took Charm to her first agility fun match today. She went a little wild in her first run...she had the zoomies, and raced around the ring. I got video of her second run, and she did some very nice work on some of the obstacles. I did have to lead her around by her collar in between obstacles, because I didn't trust her not to run around like a goofball again. At the end of her run, she raced out of the ring (you can hear me holler "loose dog!!") but was promptly caught by someone standing ring side. She's coming along nicely. In class, she can easily sequence 10 obstacles with no issue. The fun match was a new place with lots of new dogs and people to see. She just needs some more practice and some more work on focus in the agility ring. She had 2 additional runs, but by then, her brain had pretty much exploded, and we spent our 90 seconds in the ring doing one or two obstacles and then playing "catch Charm."

Video - http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/s ... =00033.mp4
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Re: Charm's first fun match

Postby Cindy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:57 am

I just watched your video and Pippa freaked out! She was sleeping in the office and came flying into the kitchen when she heard the dogs barking on it. She kept trying to get to my computer screen to be part of the action. Maybe I need to sign her up for agility? Charm is really coming along and she's so fast!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla
[url]Image[/url]
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Postby Barb Wright » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:15 am

Oh, Miss Personality Plus, no doubt there :P :P How can you not love that up-beat spirit making great fun out of what could be tedious repetition :D No doubt she'll settle in to "professionalism", but in the meantime you (and we) can enjoy her JOY !!! What a super little girl she is 8)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13
Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Postby Lisa » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Thanks guys - she's so much fun. I can't wait until her brain is engaged enough to actually run with me. She's going to be a blast to run agility with.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD
Lisa

Postby rtropeano » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:56 pm

She looks great Lisa - having lots of fun as it should be. I'm sure little MIss Charmer has an awesome agility career in front of her.

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Postby janet909 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:57 am

Great video. Thanks for sharing. I think she did awesome. It's hard to believe, with all the extraneous noise and people and movement going on in that building, that a dog will pay attention to the task on hand at all !!!!! I'm sure with time, as she ages and learns to focus more, she'll just zing through that course.
Oh, and she is beautiful as ever. What a cutie pie !!!!!!
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Return to Agility