Orange peels

Discussion of behavior issues, training and solutions here....

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Orange peels

Post by Barb Wright »

Dried orange peels....the latest indescretion for Miss Cassie :roll: For 12+ years she has turned up her nose at oranges (never offered the peels, I mean, who eats the peels except baked in muffins ? :roll: But, yesterday, well, that was "climb on the counter-eat dried orange peels day", or so it seems :shock: My ever so good pupper is regressing to a puppy I think....getting into stuff she didn't get into as a puppy !! I'd call it a second child hood, but she never had a first.....she was just not into destroying or stealing as a puppy :? Well, in case you're interested, dried orange peel doesn't really digest, sort of comes out like it went in....at least it went out the back instead of coming out the front at 2 a.m. :lol:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Orange peels

Post by Cindy »

I am finding these stories about Cassie to be so funny! I guess it's because all of the rest of us see these kinds of things happen on a regular basis and Cassie was always the "perfect" Brittany. I definitely like the concept of her going through a 2nd childhood - everyone should do that at least once! And remember ... you're never too old to learn something new and Cass is just proving that!! :) :)
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Canned Ice »

Barb, you should keep Cassie away from the computer. She must be trolling the message boards for trouble-making ideas! If she decides to shred a down pillow or chew a camera or steal a stick of butter, you *know* you need to password-protect the computer. :lol:
Buckley - I own this mountain.

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Canned Ice wrote:, you *know* you need to password-protect the computer. :lol:
Hahaha !!!! I think she's just trying to make you feel guilty for not baking her her very own doggy, orange bran muffins. If you'd just do that for her, she wouldn't need to get on the counter and fend for herself. Poor Cassie :lol:

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by DLDoiron »

Barb,
I saw Cassie and Dazy Dew talking at the picnic. I really think Dazy Dew shared some of her antics with Cassie.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

So she's starting a new career as a counter surfer. I suppose that once you've discovered the delights there is just not going back.

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by holisticmom »

Barb, have you ever seen a British comedy show called "Last of the Summer Wine?" It's about three elderly men in a small Yorkshire village going through their second childhood. Cassie's exploits of late have made me think of the show. It pops up on PBS and is on DVD, but I don't think I'd want Cassie to watch. ;)
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

:) When I got her as a puppy I had to get out Puppy 101 .......maybe that should read "Puppies for Dummies" :wink: .....because she was so far ahead of me all the time :lol: I thought I had finally caught up :lol: Guess not :lol: :lol:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by dmedric »

If it is any comfort, Max has started to do things he has never done before also (and he is 13+ years old). The other day, my son left a sandwich unattended for a split second, turned around, and Max had his nose on the plate. This is a dog that when he was younger, wouldn't touch a piece of meat that had been accidentally dropped on the floor unless told it was okay. Now he seems to think it is perfectly acceptable to try and steal food off of plates or to stare you down if you are eating in the family room. Rebellion ?? Senility?? I don't know.