My senior has developed CHF

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

My senior has developed CHF

Post by Dave »

:( I'm more than a little worried . My old girl Angie who will be 15 in March has developed Congestive Heart Failure .We're treating her with some Lasx right now and hoping we can get a handle on it . I take her next week for lung xrays to rule out a bunch of other things and look at her heart to see if it's enlarged . I was a health care professional for 10 yrs. and know too much about these things . Well just ramblin keep her in your thoughts for me . Dave

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

My vet checked my old girl out after he came back from vacation and confirmed what his partner thought looking at her xrays . She has lung cancer in her left lung :cry: I could put her through a bunch of other tests , but she is almost 15 and he said they would more than likely tell us the same . I was worried now I'm heartsick . We are treating her with prednisone and lasix . Her only symptoms now are coughing at times and she breathes funny when she lays a certain way . Dave

Brenda Dom
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Brenda Dom »

Oh, Dave. I'm so sorry... I'll be thinking about you and Angie and sending up a prayer or two...

Brenda Dom
Kelcy, Susie, Bodie and Max
"Some of us learn forgiveness by studying the lives of saints. And some of us keep dogs. . . ." - Charles Gusewelle

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

Thanks I appreciate that . Dave

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Dave, so sorry to hear about your girl. Sending prayers and doggie hugs to comfort you and your girl.

Jeanne
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Jeanne »

Oh Dave,

I am so sorry... they just aren't with us long enough.
Jeanne

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

Thanks for the kind words . She is almost 15 and in good health otherwise except hard of hearing and kinda blind . She's been my pup for all these years . We've got a difficult path to follow . She has comforted me . She don't like me being so sad . Dave

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Oh Dave...such a sad time for you...but your best bud doesn't know why you're sad, and so be happy with each day remaining for each day is a bonus......and when she is gone, well, she won't really be gone but there beside you on silent paws forever and for always. They are never really gone as long as they remain in our memories.

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

At least I've been given time to share with her and accept this .These fur friends have a simple life and love us unconditionaly . I sat down to type this and she walked up and layed her head on my leg . .

On a bright note I'm getting a 2yr. old NM Brittany into rescue this weekend who is an owner surrender . Poor guy has had Two homes . His first his owner got sent to Iraq for at least a year ,and home two has 8 kids and not enough time to devote to him , go figure . :roll: Dave

Karen_P
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Karen_P »

Oh Dave how sad! Take Angie for walks in the woods, give her lots and lots of table scraps, and cherish the time you have left together. And if there's anything I can do, just ask!

Allison
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Allison »

I am so sorry to hear this news.

many hugs and kisses to your furbaby.................

Allison

Victoria
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Sad times

Post by Victoria »

Thoughts and prayers.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."

by R. P. Feynman

Jen
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Jen »

Dave,

So sorry to hear about your furbaby. Give her lots of extra pats and kisses, and my thoughts and prayers are with you(I am sure she is taking the news a lot better than you are)

Coda says to give her a big hug too.

Jen

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

Everyone ,
THANK YOU . Words can't express the the suppoprt these kind words have given me . I've got a new appreciation for the expression, "Live every minute."

Dave

Bernie's mom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Bernie's mom »

oh Dave...
I'm sending big hugs to you as well as your baby girl... she'll always be with you, you'll never forget her. I hope this time is pain free for her and that when her time comes to cross the rainbow bridge that she does so easily, and hopefully you can be with her when that time comes. Thinking of you!
Bernie 11/30/03-12/12/15