Missing Link vs Seameal

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

adleblanc
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Missing Link vs Seameal

Post by adleblanc »

Which is better...Missing Link or Seameal? I give PJ Missing Link but recently found a thread on another board saying Seameal is better. The only real reason they said was that Missing Liink as at lot of sugar. I give PJ the Missing Link to keep the shedding down and to keep his immune system up since he is exposed to a lot of dogs. So which one would you give your dog?

Andrea
Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. ~Lewis Grizzard

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Re: Missing Link vs Seameal

Post by Barb Wright »

JMO I'd use Hokamix or Nupro. Missing Link has molasses (sugar) as a high content ingredient, and Seameal, being a high chloride (salt) and iodine source might not be such a good idea added to a commercial diet which is usually also rather high in salt. Seameal would be a good addition to a raw or home cooked diet. JMO :) Salmon oil, or whole body fish oil, is a good supplement for coat and skin....plus it also has other beneficial properties.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

Kerplunk105
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Kerplunk105 »

I give salmon oil, a digestive enzyme, and a joint supplement. All separate supplements.

I think nupro is better then missing link though.
Elizabeth
Leena, Brittany/GSP mix 11/11/08-9/17/09
Bliss, Labrador 1/18/00-12/30/13
Tegan, Weim/Labrador mix

adleblanc
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by adleblanc »

I just sent Nupro an email and they are going to send me samples for the dog and the cat. They suggested PJ go on the joint supplement since he walks so much. Only being 5 I thought that seemed a little young to be starting a joint supplement.

Andrea
Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. ~Lewis Grizzard

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

adlfelix wrote:.. Only being 5 I thought that seemed a little young to be starting a joint supplement.
Agree :D Dogs who have been on a high quality diet, had little in the way of injuries or health issues may not even need joint supplements. Cassie is almost 12 and still no signs of arthritis or joint discomfort 8) Therapeutic supplements should be used when symptoms dictate JMO :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

adleblanc
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by adleblanc »

Thanks Barb!!!! I didn't want to deny him something if he needed it. I just don't think he needs it.