Arthritis supplements

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

NancyH
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Arthritis supplements

Post by NancyH »

Everyone,

It has been ages since I have been on the boards. So busy with on-line college and a teen age daughter. :roll:

I received an e-mail today from the people that adopted my first foster. He is having quite a time of it with his arthritis. I know there is a supplement from Grizzly that people have been raving about. Can someone tell me the name of it?

I have already suggested glucosamine and Missing Link.

Thanks!

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Arthritis supplements

Post by holisticmom »

Hi Nancy...I give Orion (13, still wants to go up to 3 miles a day and a pox on the heart murmur and arthritis) MSM and 1200 mg/fish oil (plain old Target house brand) and glucosamine/chondroiten with hyalonic (sp) acid. He also gets acupressure and I give him Zeel ( a homeopathic remedy). Hope this helps. 8)
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland

sallyoneil
Puppy

Post by sallyoneil »

Hello,
I'm the owner of Nancy's first foster, Beau. He is now 10 years old. He has very bad arthritis in his hips. The past two days he doesn't bear weight on his left hip. he has been on Missing Link, Glucosamine, and Synovial-flex. He gets the anti-inflammatories Metacam (as needed, but now daily), and Adequan shots monthly. Yesterday he started a two week period of Tramadol for pain. Otherwise he is very healthy, and a fun-loving dog. I welcome any suggestions you all might have for his care.
Sally

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by DLDoiron »

The name is Joint oats 4 dogs. The website is www.shop.jointoats.com. Everyone who has used this products raves about the results.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by DLDoiron »

Will you be at the ABR picnic? I will have bags of them there to sell.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I gave Casey CortaFlx. They make a horse and dog version but the horse version is much cheaper because you feed so much less. It's a powder you sprinkle on their food. As with all of these supplements, some work better than others so you might need to experiment. If you decided to try this, it's available at most farm/feed stores or online. SmartPak (http://www.smartpakequine.com/ProductCo ... ?catid=593) Will send you free samples for horses, not sure about dogs.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

sallyoneil
Puppy

Post by sallyoneil »

I don't think we'll be at the picnic this year. Hoping to, but don't know yet.
Thank to all for suggestions. Have ordered Jointoats.
Sally