Invoke the Dog Goddess, please

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Invoke the Dog Goddess, please

Post by holisticmom »

I was scratching Orion's chin and ears when I noticed a lump under his left one. Thought it might be from a deep ear infection or a tooth. We went to the vet's. Neither. We did touch on the unspeakable--if it is that, we will put the emphasis on quality of life, not quantity.
The blood work and biopsy will be back on Friday.
Please keep us in your prayers.
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland

mart
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Re: Invoke the Dog Goddess, please

Post by mart »

:( :( :( :( :(

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by DLDoiron »

Fingers and paws crossed. You are in my prayers.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Whoa - I bet you are freaking out because I am. As I've said before, this board and all of the support and positive vibes we can generate have worked wonders in the past. Yes, all fingers, paws, and everything else crossed for Orion. Please let us know what you hear ASAP.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Keeping positive thoughts....the Dog Goddess does do benign more often than not. Cassie has a couple of large lumps on her throat that are Lipomas (benign tumors) so let's hope for that outcome. Holding breath nevertheless... :(
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Prayers here in Colorado for Orion. Like Cindy said, this board has had amazing power, keep us posted.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by holisticmom »

Thanks, everyone! I also put in prayer requests on a couple of lists that I use and one on Facebook. I came here as quickly as possible after I shot emails to several friends of various spiritual traditions. This board has pulled off a lot of miracles and there's no reason to think we don't have another one or two in the pipeline. We have so much good energy coming in that we're gonna be floating! :)
The anti-inflammatory/antibiotic has kicked in. Orion's taking a peaceful, quiet nap.
Barb, I know what you mean about lipomas--Orion has several, one on his chest, one on his right front leg, and he had a cyst on his left shoulder. And a ton of cauliflower growths. So we will hope for the best.
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Canned Ice »

Positive healing thoughts heading your way. I hope everything comes backs benign.
Buckley - I own this mountain.

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and Orion.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

Oh, I hope he's okay. Waiting for results is always hard. Let us know as soon as you hear.

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Positive thoughts !!! Positive thoughts !! You are in ours !!! Fingers and paws crossed.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Any word yet?
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

I missed this earlier. Sending healing thoughts to Orion and happy thoughts for Holistic Mom and Dad. :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by holisticmom »

:D 8) :P :o :D :) :lol: 8)
And now, we give thanks and praise: The vet called. CBC well within normal ranges, save for the white cell count, and the biopsy was inconclusive because of the inflammation. However, the cells from the lump showed no sign of clumping together as they do when evil forces are at work. We're going to repeat the tests next week too make sure, but it's most likely now that it's an infection. He's on amoxicillin and an anti-inflammatory and doing beautifully. He just took me for a SECOND 2-mile drag around the park.

Guys, ((((((((((((((THANK ALL OF YOU)))))))))))))))))) so much. I really felt the good energy, even with not sleeping for two days. I did get a 2-1/2 hour nap and Holistic Dad is taking care of dinner tonight. You have provided a lot of light in the the darkness of the last 48 hours. :mrgreen: