Invoke the Dog Goddess, please

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Invoke the Dog Goddess, please

Post by AuntieMom »

The Frosty Paws are a great idea. I buy liver, cook it, let it cool and serve it with vanilla ice cream to our dogs. Orion might like that too. You might have to ask for the liver, a lot of stores do not even carry it. I started shopping at a store where they cut up the meat on the premises and put the liver in the freezer section.

You might want to try combining the rice with the baby meat and a big dollop of yogurt.

(An animal communicator gave us insight into Trapper. Glad it is was helpful to Orion and you too.)
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by holisticmom »

Update: Orion went to the vet this morning. He's on sub-q fluids, Gastrocalm for his tummy, and a che-wa-wa sized dose of Tramadol--the vet thinks he's having pain in his hips, making it harder to stand and impacting his appetite as well. He perked up during the infusion--suddenly raised his head, as if to say, "How? Huh? Where? WTbleep? How did I get here?" and looked as if he were going to jump down from the table. He needs to eat 2 C. a day--using a syringe to get it into him. We're exploring new frontiers in pureed cuisine. Chicken and rice jook (Chinese rice porridge) for lunch and snack. So far, 3/4 C has gone down the hatch.
I put one square of 72% chocolate in my oatmeal this morning.
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

holisticmom wrote:...I put one square of 72% chocolate in my oatmeal this morning.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now THAT is the way to eat oatmeal :P :P :lol: :lol:

Keep up that energy buzz and positive thinking.....Orion needs all of that.....good vibes headed your way for steady improvement :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Oh, poor Orion and poor you. This must be troubling but we're all still pulling for him and chocolate will help for sure.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Canned Ice »

Poor Orion. He must have been feeling pretty bad. I'm so glad the fluids and meds perked him up. Good thoughts heading your way!
Buckley - I own this mountain.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

Oh, poor Orion, I hope he's feeling better soon.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

I hope he's okay. Poor guy.

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by holisticmom »

Update: Orion made his crossing sometime during the predawn hours. He started crashing late afternoon. We called the vet's office and since he was in no pain or distress to let him finish things out on his terms. I stayed on the floor with him, and made an altar in the kitchen with lavender candles, crystals, and played soft music in the background. I told him that I understood if he had to go, and thanked him, and said I love you.
His last day was one for the books: Holistic Dad took him for a ride in a gardening wagon, and Orion had lots of banana smoothie and got to sit outside for a while.
The communicator we've been working with said he loved the ride, and that he was grateful that I hadn't taken him to the emergency clinic.

(((Everyone,))) thanks so much for your support the last few weeks. May all the good energy you sent us be returned to each of you a thousand fold.
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland

headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by headtrip_honey »

::hugs::
-Emily
Image Image Image Image
Hunter (RIP 09.16.04-02.28.09), Lizzy, Bree and Jack

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Oh Fran, I am so, so sorry. What a life Orion had, so filled with love, right to the end. He was a lucky boy, you were lucky parents. RIP Orion.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Canned Ice »

I'm so sorry to hear about Orion. His passing seemed peaceful and full of love. We are thinking of you.
Buckley - I own this mountain.

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

I have tears rolling down my face reading this. Most of my tears are for Orion, but some of the tears are for Diamond as we await her tests results.

Orion was fortunate to not be in pain and leave on his own terms. The banana smoothie and the gardening wagon were a nice gateway to the bridge.

Please accept my deepest sympathy. (((HUGS)))
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Ron »

Canned Ice wrote:I'm so sorry to hear about Orion. His passing seemed peaceful and full of love. We are thinking of you.
Run free Orion, run free!!!!

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I am so sad to hear about Orion. I really wasn't expecting this - we never really are. Glad his last days were spent with you guys doing what he likes to do and knowing he had all the love and attention any dog could want. It's not often that our pets get to spend their final hours at home and not in pain so I am grateful this was one of those times. RIP Orion.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Rachelle
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Rachelle »

I am so very sorry for your loss. It's wonderful that Orion got to spend his last day doing things he enjoyed while surrounded by the family that loved him.
Henry