Invoke the Dog Goddess, please

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Invoke the Dog Goddess, please

Post by rtropeano »

I'm so sorry to hear about Orion. Sounds like he had wonderful life with you and holistic Dad. Rest in Peace beautiful Orion!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

Rachelle wrote:I am so very sorry for your loss. It's wonderful that Orion got to spend his last day doing things he enjoyed while surrounded by the family that loved him.
Wow, Orion was sooo lucky to have you as his family, and you were so blessed to have him in your life. God bless, my thoughts and prayers are with you as you journey through the grieving process. Orion is playing with all his new friends at the Rainbow Bridge while he waits to see you again. (((Hugs)))
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Oh, was sooo saddened to read that Orion has made the final journey :cry: I just was not expecting that news, more so that he would make a good comeback. It was not to be, and the visual of his peaceful passing did at least ease the sadness. I probably will not ever look at the night sky again, as Orion the Hunter moves across the starry heavens, and not think of his namesake who was here on earth. I will recall the stories about Orion that you have shared, and will smile to remember a special Britt who loved bananas, cauliflower, and flute music.

RIP Orion...your memory lives on in loving hearts.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

Helen E.
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Helen E. »

I'm so sorry to hear about Orion. :cry: Sending hugs and condolences.

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

Such sad news. I'm very sorry. Others have said it too, but Orion had a good life and was loved. There is little else anyone of us can ask for. I hope you can take comfort in that.

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

I, too, was hoping for good news. I'm so very sorry for your loss, but I'm glad he could do it on his own terms with no pain.

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by holisticmom »

We picked up the ashes yesterday, for now in a temp urn on the mantle. We will get a more proper one when it feels right.
I'm just letting things be what they are in terms of the tears that overwhelm me at times. Each day gets a little easier, and it felt right and peaceful to place his ashes where they are for now. Sad? Yes. But yesterday, my niece graduated from high school, and one of my SIL's nephews became a father for the second time. The spiral continues.
Thank (((you))) all for your love, support, and companionship on this ride. You have all been bright lights on this dark road, and may you all be blessed 1000fold for the way you've all blessed me.
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I was wondering how you were doing. Yup, it's a long and twisting road moving forward after losing such an important and loved member of the family. I remember leaving Casey's ashes in the wooden box in the window greenhouse for a really long time. I just couldn't decide what to do with them. But Casey never moved very fast while she was alive so I'm sure she didn't mind. :roll: And about the crying ... well, I can still cry at the drop of a hat just thinking about Libby (my Old English Sheepdog) who's been gone for over 20 years, not to mention every other pet we've ever had. Guess that's just the way some of us are put together. So don't worry, you have LOTS of company and support right here when you need it.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Dogmom
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by Dogmom »

Orion was truly a blessed dog to have you holisticmom. Please accept my belated condolences for his passing. May you see him at the bridge when your time comes. :cry:

***HUGS***

Dogmom

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Wow, I've been reading posts sporadically and somehow missed this. I'm so very sorry. i wasn't expecting this at all and am all teared up. I'm so very sorry for your loss. So very sorry. I'm at a loss for words. :cry: :cry: :cry: