FYI

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

FYI

Post by Canned Ice »

When a naughty Brittany opens your work bag, extracts an unopened can of wasabi soy flavored almonds, opens them, and proceeds to eat them all, you can expect said naughty Brittany to immediately polish off an entire bowl of water followed by most of the water in the toilet bowl and vomiting to occur about 24 hours later. On the rug. Because the rest of the house is either tile or hardwood and that would be too easy for the human to clean. (Don't know if this is really health/medical or behavior - or if it belongs in the "Quirks" thread.) :x
Buckley - I own this mountain.

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: FYI

Post by DLDoiron »

Poor you and poor Buckley. He sure knows how to keep you on your toes doesn't he. My 3 always get sick on the carpet never on the kitchen tile.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

LOL! Sorry, but I really am cracking up here, because it's so totally something Buster would do!
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

OMG!!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Hmmm.....thinking Buckley was making a statement, like "I'm still the same old me Mom....may weigh more, may be calmer, but the REAL Mr. Buck is still here!" :P :P

Plus, memorable events must be stained into the rug....why else do it?? :P :P
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Oh the poor Buckster.... that must have been a miserable experience (realize it was not fun for Mom either.) Makes my stomach hurt just reading about it.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Do you ever just find yourself wondering what exactly is wrong with your dog's taste buds? 'Cuz I find myself looking at Buster sometimes, and the things he chooses to eat, and wonder just what exactly is wrong with my dog. I wonder sometimes if Buster even has taste buds, or if he just figure that it's not gonna eat him first, so it's perfectly safe to ingest. I love my boy, but sometimes, I really, really wonder about him and all the other crazy pups that will eat anything. I can understand his love of strawberries....but his love of Vick's Vapo-rub, not so much.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD

PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by PCTech01 »

OSCAR says he thinks you should change the flavor of the nuts you buy! No more sickness!

PC

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

Lisa wrote: I wonder sometimes if Buster even has taste buds, or if he just figure that it's not gonna eat him first, so it's perfectly safe to ingest.
:lol: I wonder the same thing about Maggie! Most things, I can understand, but cat poop?!!! :shock:

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Canned Ice »

I know Buckley will eat just about anything remotely edible (tea bags, anyone?) but I will admit he has taste. If there is choice of items, he will always go for the best first. He raided the bread box and what did he choose, not the wonder bread but the fresh crusty loaf from the French bakery. Cheese plate? He will always go for the $16/lb manchego or Camembert over the cheap-y block of monterey jack. Then again, he does enjoy the occasional cat turd or rotting hunk of dead bird.

I think he has a thing for wasabi and soy sauce though. Last night he managed to swipe two pieces of spicy salmon sushi. That'll teach me to answer the phone while eating.
Buckley - I own this mountain.

donald
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by donald »

Canned Ice wrote:When a naughty Brittany opens your work bag, extracts an unopened can of wasabi soy flavored almonds, opens them, and proceeds to eat them all, you can expect said naughty Brittany to immediately polish off an entire bowl of water followed by most of the water in the toilet bowl and vomiting to occur about 24 hours later. On the rug. Because the rest of the house is either tile or hardwood and that would be too easy for the human to clean. (Don't know if this is really health/medical or behavior - or if it belongs in the "Quirks" thread.) :x

It's definitely health!