Epulis removed

Health and Medical topics may be posted here.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Epulis removed

Post by Alifaire »

Victor is home after having an epulis removed from this upper jaw, just behind the canine. The mass was less than 5 cm, all in the soft palate - although it looked bigger than that to me. No teeth were lost and the biopsy showed it was benign. He's one sleepy, staggering pup right now but he'll sleep until tomorrow and then be back to his feisty self. :D :D :D

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Epulis removed

Post by Cindy »

VERY good news! I'm always surprised how out of it they can be and then bounce right back from surgery. Wish I could do the same!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Yes, very good news. Anything with "benign" attached to it's description means a sigh of relief :) Had not heard of that kind of tumor before, looked it up and learned something new :D

Our dogs are not wimps, they bounce back from some of this stuff so well 8) 8) And Victor will do just that, get his bounce back :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by PCTech01 »

I am so happy at reading about your GOOD news! My best wishes for a speedy recovery. :D

PC

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Good news! Glad all went well, like Barb, I had to google and find out what that was. He's got to feel better without that in his mouth. Almost as much better as you do now, knowing it was benign. Enjoy the quiet evening while you've got it!

My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Alifaire »

Thanks to everyone! Victor did bounce back better than last week when he had his biopsy. I hope we don't have to go through that again.

It is amazing how many people say 'oh yes, my dog had that too... no big deal'. I had never heard of it before.

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD