A sad story

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Janice
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

A sad story

Post by Janice »

Not Britt related, but doggie related. My husband and I were at the park today. We saw a homeless man with his dog and a few minutes later the Humane Society came and picked up the dog. The man sat there talking to the police and he was crying his eyes out. After the police left he was crying so hard and shaking uncontrolably. My husband went over to talk to him thinking that the police had called to have his dog taken away from him. Hubby and I were all set to head off to the humane society and "adopt" the dog and give it back to him. As it turns out the man explained to my husband that he himself had called the humane society to turn the dog in. He said he was traveling and couldn't look after his dog the way it should have been cared for as the dog was getting fleas and he couldn't control them and wasn't able to bathe the dog and feed it properly anymore. He called the humane society in hopes that it would get a good home and he was careful not to call the "kill shelter" in case the dog was not adopted in time. He explained that his dog was housebroken and loved to "talk" to him. The dog was six years old and was somewhere between a doxie and corgi in size. It had longish golden hair and was a beautiful sweet dog. This dog will be adopted quite easily I think.

Hubby and I were so sad and both shed a tear for this man and his dog.
Janice

Kathy
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Kathy »

Yes, I have tears too. For whatever reason this man was homeless, it was clear that he could love and needed to be loved. Being homeless, the fellow probably has endured more than I can imagine, yet to give up a dog (for the noble reason of giving it a better home) has to be the hardest situation to endure. May God bless the poor fellow & may some kind family take the dog into their hearts.
-Kathy
Herman "Happy Soul" ABR Sept 2002
Hunter "Mr. Wiggles" ABR Apr 2005