New pictures of Jazz :)

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
LizBot
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

New pictures of Jazz :)

Post by LizBot »

It's been a while since I posted puppy pictures. Of course, he doesn't hold still for long usually -- so we had Dad trick him into posing a couple times, and got lucky a couple more. :) He'll be 4-months-old soon and is constantly chewing, trying to get those four front teeth to pop out.

The Amazing Jazz : Master of Manipulation and Cute-ifying Stunts!

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: New pictures of Jazz :)

Post by Cindy »

He is a cutie - love that face!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

So cute! I've been trying to convince my husband that its time for us to add a younger dog to the mix. Maybe this pics will help me bring him around, lol.

Marge

LizBot
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by LizBot »

I've been trying to add another one too... but my husband just glowers at me with that "Are you kidding?" look and I figure I should wait 2 or 3 months... or years. ;)

britlover
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by britlover »

I think I've only run across one Liver roan in the 20+ years that I've had Brittanys, and I'm smitten with their good looks. Jazz is just adorable! Such expressive eyes too. You could always adopt an older big brother/sister for Jazz to keep him in line and not have to do the puppy thing all over again. Just saying :lol:
Piper, and Bryce

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

I'm partial to roans as well. You can't really tell from my sig pic, but Jack is an O/W roan.
I honestly think it's easier having two dogs, lol. Rocket was 4 when we got Jack, and it really made a difference with him having somebody else to pal around with during the day. Now both dogs are getting older, and I'm anxious to bring a new dog in while Rocket is still lively enough to be the Boss, and keep everybody else in line!

Marge

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

Jazz is gorgeous! I just love the lanky look of pups. I like touching them too -- when it feels like their skin is too big for them - I love it. Your lucky, with all those beautiful freckles his white won't always look dirty (unlike my lovely Lola - well I s'pose I could bath her - but I don't :oops:)

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Jazz is so beautiful. I like all the pictures but especially the one where she is looking up and has the bone between her paws.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

LizBot
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by LizBot »

Thank you all. :) I actually would love to adopt an older dog for Jazz to play with (and teach him to behave, hopefully) but my husband isn't going for that either. As much as I love puppies, I don't enjoy cleaning my carpets 4-6 times a day during housetraining or hearing my beloved bellow in fury every time Jazz eats his showering supplies (he can nose the doors open).

I think when the chewing phase is over, which should be soon since he's already lost about 8 teeth, we might be able to charm it out of Dad to get a playmate. Besides, if one Brittany is so cuddly and sweet in bed, having two draped over us has to be twice as good. :)

britlover
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by britlover »

You could always do a foster to adopt too if you want to help ABR. That way you get to know the foster and if letting another family adopt is the better option then I believe it is open for you to decide. I foster occasionally, so I don't know all the specifics of foster to adopt, but you can always contact the state coordinator when/if you get to that point and decide if it is something worth pursuing.
Piper, and Bryce

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

As many of us on this board will agree ... 2 dogs are easier than 1! :D :D :D :D Coming from someone who has had (and currently has) 3 dogs, TWO dogs are easier than 3!!

PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by PCTech01 »

You see so many different sides of his personality in each shot!

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

Cindy wrote: Coming from someone who has had (and currently has) 3 dogs, TWO dogs are easier than 3!!
Have to agree with that!!! We have 3 brits. Love them all dearly, but don't know if I would do it again. Maybe if we were retired and had more time. But with both of us working full time, 3 dogs can be a handful!

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

You're right about that ... John is semi retired and I work 3 days/week, but at least John is working from home if he's not on the road. With Layla being such a high energy dog, we really need to get a good run in for her at least 5-6 days/week and that can be time consuming. And the runs are on top of her having total access to 8 acres to run around on any time we're willing to open the door for her. Yesterday we took a 6 mile hike, Layla ran at least 20 miles, came home and napped for an hour under the ceiling fan, and was ready to do it all over again!

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Gorgeous pics of a precious baby !!! I too love the one where Jazz is looking up. The roan coloring is priceless !!!! I have to agree with the others, 2 is easier than one (3 or 4 is a little different story). They keep each other company when we're not home. We fostered Shep and then kept him. He's Wes' best friend now. Even with a 6 year difference, they have the same energy level (Shep is just very high energy for a 12 year old). But, it's a BIG decision and you do have a puppy on your hands. Maybe when he's grown up..................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: