Snorin' up a storm

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Snorin' up a storm

Post by adele »

It's an absolutely miserable day here.. wind is howling and rain is coming down in buckets. I was wondering if any of you guys have noticed that your dogs seem to sleep more deeply when the weather just sucks (so long as there is no thunder). I guess mine take the attitude that "there is nothing else to do, may as well snooze". It makes me want to nap just to look and listen to them - totally at peace, warm and dry, as the storm rages. Is that a typical dog thing or just a my dog thing?

dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Snorin' up a storm

Post by dmedric »

It's definitely true for our Cooper. He sleeps all day when the weather is crummy.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I wish they'd sleep all day but NOOOOO - they want to go in and out a zillion times which means wiping them off!! Pain in the neck!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

I remember when Lola was little she used to do that... "maybe it's nice now - darn still raining.... maybe now - nope still raining... well 5 minutes have passed perhaps it has stopped..." all day long. Then she'd decide I needed to play because she had energy to burn.. when she was little I dreaded bad weather. Now, she just curls up and snores. I love it.

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Scout and Kallie are good about wanting to nap when the weather is bad (or good.) CharLee and Trapper go in and out all day long whether the weather is good or bad unless it is really cold - as in double digits sub-zero cold - then they are happy to stay inside. :roll:
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie