Tramp is gone

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Tramp is gone

Post by PCTech01 »

So sorry to read your news. I feel so bad about your problem. I hope it turns out well.

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Tramp is gone (need help coping)

Post by adele »

I'm not doing well and think I'm going to go crazy. I go from crying, to guilt, to hope, to depression, to anxiety, and back round. I'm sick of crying, I'm sick of hoping but I can't force myself to give up hope. I have to fight the hopelessness to keep on trying to find him. I feel anxious if I don't go out looking but wondering around aimlessly makes me hopeless and I start crying again. I beat myself up for not doing more but I've done everything I can think of - everything recommended on all the "lost dog" websites. I know he won't go to anyone for help and figure he will probably run from me now - so do I call when I'm searching? If I don't I'll never spot him. What used to be an anxious knot in my stomach is now a constant physical pain. I just don't know what to do. My husband isn't in much better shape. I hear him lying awake at night as I lie awake. He has to go in to work but I've been working from home - spending some time searching. This is just awful.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Oh Adele - I feel your pain. Wish there was some way to make it go away or better yet make Tramp show up at your door. I am sorry .... :cry:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

So sad for you both Adele. I know exactly how you feel BTDT in a similar scenario. You saved his life once and are overcome with guilt because you can't seem to do it again....the sense of responsibility is nothing if not overwhelming. But, you have done everything humanly possible to find him and bring him home. Destiny has stepped in and will be the thing that decides what the future holds. You MUST NOT feel guilty, this is now out of your hands. Keep up your hope, of course, but do not blame yourself for anything. You went above and beyond in the beginning of the Tramp saga, you've done all you can now, and you just have to let your heart and mind face what is becoming a reality, Tramp may not ever come back. If he doesn't make it home then you must understand that it was meant to be. If healing is what becomes necessary don't fight it. Life is tough, sometimes merciless. Don't let it get you so down you become ill, be strong....I know you can.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Adele, I wish there was something I could say or do that would help you to get through this tough time. I understand how hard this is, and I know that if it was me, i'd be reacting the same way. Try to understand that you've suffered a true loss, and it can take a long time to come to accept what has happened and let go of the pain. Just recognize that acceptance is different from giving up, because of course there is always the hope that one day Tramp will return... but you've done all that you can do for him, and you have to think about yourself now. Maybe it would help to redirect some of your emotional energy into some kind of new activity to help clear your head. Physical activity always helps me, but anything that interests you and provides a happy distraction would be a good start... Become a volunteer,take up photography or bird-watching, learn how to knit... I don't know, just something to give your mind a rest (and do it even if you don't want to... Sometimes you just have to make yourself).
I'll be thinking about you. Hugs!

Marge

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Oh Adele, I haven't been on here forever and today I stop by and read this, I am so heartbroken for you and Tramp. Please, please don't give up! I hope all of our prayers here will bring him home - hang in there.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

I'm just so sad. This is way harder than dealing with a death.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

This is way harder than dealing with a death.
I've never had this happen with a dog, but I've lost several cats who just disappeared. You're right about it being harder because you always hang on to the belief and hope that they will come back because you don't know for sure what happened. You are always looking and hoping that one day you will come home and they will be sitting there waiting for you. That's not to say it can't happen though. My brother had a dog that he let outside early one morning and he never came back. They spent weeks and weeks looking for him and even moved to a new house during that time. Then one day (3 months later) a new neighbor (who had never even met the dog) saw an ad in the paper that "sort of" sounded like the description of his dog. Sure enough, a family had found him and kept him for all that time because he was so sweet with their kids. But I guess they felt guilty because he was obviously belonged to someone. I guess that you never know until one day ... you just know. I'm sorry you have to live through this because it is VERY VERY difficult.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Adele,
I know that if you had found Tramp by now, you would have posted something. I want you to know that we've been thinking of you and hope that you are doing okay. The "not knowing" is gut wrenching. You are in our thoughts !!!! Janet