Losing sleep...

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Losing sleep...

Post by mkilcz »

The sun has been rising earlier and earlier each morning, and unfortunately so has Winnie. I'm already an early riser, but today she only made it until 4:45am. Since we're still a good month out from the summer solstice, I'm not sure I like where this is headed, lol. She sleeps in our bedroom, and once she's awake, she wants to stay awake. if I ignore her, she heads downstairs to wake up Jack (he prefers the sofa). So any tips? She gets plenty of exercise, and we've been trying to keep her up a little bit later, but her inner clock is proving hard to re-set.
Otherwise, Winnie's doing great!! Hard to believe she'll be one year old soon...

Marge

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Losing sleep...

Post by Cindy »

Have you tried melatonin? Or maybe UltraCalm biscuits? And where are the pictures???? :)
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Those Britts are both so cute. Send them to me - they can get up anytime they want. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by dmedric »

I know this doesn't help, but we have the same issue here in the Spring. The combination of an earlier sunrise and the critters (foxes, deer, etc.) moving through the area seem to get my Brittany and Beagle mix up earlier every day. Fortunately, they are old enough to ignore them for a bit, but we are still out for our morning walk by 6:30am.