Introducing...

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Introducing...

Post by mkilcz »

Ziggy!!
He's not exactly mine, but he just became a part of our family Brittany circle!
My son and his girlfriend applied for an ABR dog a few weeks ago, but that one had already been spoken for. Then yesterday, they got a call from our ABR State Coordinator about a dog at a shelter in VA... So off they went, and it was love at first sight. He's a good=looking 4 year old boy, a little heavy @ 55 lbs., but I think his new lifestyle will help take care of that. My son is happy to have a new running buddy!
We're going over later to meet him... Once he's settled in we'll introduce him to Jack and Winnie. I can't wait!
Honestly,I'm so proud of these kids for choosing to rescue.

Marge

britlover
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Introducing...

Post by britlover »

Ziggy is very handsome! And yes, you should be very proud of your son for making the choice to save a Brittany. Awesome!
Piper, and Bryce

Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Ron »

What a Great looking Boy. Welcome to your new home, Ziggy . :D :D :D :D

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

What a handsome boy - BOTH of them!! :D It appears you've trained your son well with the whole Brittany/rescue thing. Sometimes things work out best when they don't work out they way you expected. John was all set to get an orange and white Brittany (this was a surprise for me) and at the last minute the dog fell through. ABR felt so bad they offered him Kayla, who was in her last week of heartworm treatment. John said he walked into the house, saw Kayla across the room, and she ran right to him and put her feet on his shoulders. It was love at first sight and he quickly wrote the check and put her in the car before anyone could change their mind!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

I just LOVE rescue stories :D It is said "when the stars align....", well, looks like they aligned very well for Ziggy and his new family :) Yes, a very handsome boy he is too....looking forward to updates on his new life, sounds like it is going to be super :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Wow, Ziggy is a great looking guy! Four is a great age too - many good years ahead but most of the puppy crazies behind. :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie