Snuggly?

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Snuggly?

Post by kat »

For years I was envious of those who's Brittanys would snuggle/cuddle. Oh I loved my Britts, but they only hung around while being petted, then they were off again. Several years ago we adopted Copper and he is the best snuggler - daily cuddles for me and if you came to visit us, he would give you some snuggles too. So how are your dogs? Other snugglers out there? Or more of the confident non cuddlers?
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Snuggly?

Post by Cindy »

We've had 7 Brittanys over the years and Pippa is the only cuddler we've had. They've all wanted to be near you - in the same room or on the sofa - but only Pippa likes to be up close and personal. Lately, at night, she squirms right up between the pillows and crams her head into the back of my neck. She loves it but I can't say I do :lol: :lol:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by dmedric »

My Cooper is definitely a snuggler. He loves to curl up beside me on the sofa with his head on my leg and jump into our bed for morning snuggles. Our Beagle/Brittany mix, Belle, is more of the independent type -- she only snuggles when she wants to make Cooper jealous -- so he walks away from whatever toy or bone she wants.

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Madi was a snuggler, Charm is an excellent snuggler. Buster is content with being in the same room and an occasional hug.

I've had fosters that were and fosters that weren't. But, I get a lot of the special behavior and/or special health cases, so they aren't probably the best batch to judge from.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD