Snow

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Snow

Post by Cindy »

The big east coast blizzard started in VA at about 9:30 this morning. It's snowing so hard and the worse it gets the more the dogs want to be outside. Of course, that only lasts for a few minutes and then they want to come back in, totally covered in snow. We are in the "sweet spot" for this storm and they are saying we could get 30+ inches. I really hope the forecast is wrong but it's not looking that way. The poor girls won't be able to run around when it's that deep so we'll have to wait for a plow to come down our road - that might not be until Monday/Tuesday because of where we live.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Re: Snow

Post by Barb Wright »

Hope you are staying warm and able to "navigate" through all the snow! I also hope it's not as dire as the news says it is/will be.

After all my years in Alaska I can totally relate to how you are feeling....always try to enjoy some of the fun parts of it :P Surely you will have some photos for us to see, looking forward to that :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Hang in there Cindy and keep safe. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by dmedric »

We're a bit east of Cindy in Northern VA. We at about 2 feet of snow already. Had to shovel some paths for the dogs in the backyard. Cooper (our Brit) is definitely not happy that he didn't get his walk this morning. We haven't been plowed and it is just too deep to get down the block. Hoping to see a plow by tomorrow.

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Gah, the news makes it sound fierce alright :( Hope you all in the storms' path are just hunkering down and not trying to get anywhere!! Be safe, better days are coming.

PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by PCTech01 »

We need pictures of Brits in deep snow!

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I'm hoping to get some pictures tomorrow but the snow has been coming down so hard all day so I didn't want to take my camera out and get it wet. The dogs have a pretty good racetrack beaten down around the entire perimeter of the house and have spent hours chasing the birds. With 20+ inches on the ground, they really don't go too far out in the yard because it's too hard for them to move around. The snow is starting to let up (after non stop for over 36 hours) but the wind is blowing it all around. I've shoveled the path from the house to the barn 5 times today and I know I'll be back at it tomorrow. It's getting OLD!! :x :x

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

They were predicting 12-18" in PA where I live, but we already have 28" and it's still coming down! Not so much fun anymore. There's no young ones in this house anymore....not people or dogs or cats!!!

I came in the house with my Elmer Fudd hat, hood pulled up over it, completely covered in snow, and got the "big boy bark" from Sammy! 13 years old, and he's still warning us about stranger danger! :lol:

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

A little snow never stopped a Brittany nose ...

As long as I stay on a path I won't get swallowed up ...

If I wait long enough those birds will come back to the feeder ...

My poor horse keeps digging and digging just to find a nibble of grass. I'm not sure what's wrong with all of the hay in the barn!!!

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Ah.....the happy side of a big snowfall.....neat photos :D And hey, frozen grass-icles, sounds fun and healthy at the same time :wink: Thanks for sharing :D :D

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

So glad you're all ok! Fun for the dogs at least, hope it all goes good here on out for you guys too.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by PCTech01 »

I love your comment about the Brittany NOSE! :lol: :lol:

Great pictures by the way. My snow has all melted. 8)

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

So tired of the snow. The one good thing was we had a snow day and were off work a couple of weeks ago so that was nice gift to enjoy a Tuesday and home with our pupsters. Our back yard is icy. Our Britts are having trouble navigating it. Spring can come any day. Please! :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Most of the 20" we got a couple of weeks ago has melted but geez, it's been bitter cold. The dogs go out for a few minutes and are right back at the door wanting inside. We woke up this morning to about 4" on the ground but it's supposed to continue all day before turning to freezing rain. That's the WORST!! But don't worry, Spring is coming. I know because all of the daffodils are about 3" high already :D :D