The 3 Amigos

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

The 3 Amigos

Post by janet909 »

It's been awhile since I've posted pictures so I thought I'd let the ABR group know how my boys are doing. The first pic is of our newest ABR addition, Beamer. We rescued/adopted him in July at the age of 9 1/2. (He turned 10 on Christmas day). He was relinquished for his hyper behavior. I love this picture because it reveals how "out of control" he is. While I admit that he has his zoomie moments, he has turned into a very sweet dog who can hang when necessary. He is a little love bunny and seems to adore the new attention that he is receiving.

The second picture is our youngest, Wesley. He is now 8 but is still the mischievous one of the group. He loves hunting and always gets an A+ for enthusiasm. Here, we are hiking in the desert and of course, he found the only muddy puddle in the entire canyon so he could get completely muddy before loading up in the car.

The third picture (I don't know why it's larger than the others) is my dear sweet Moby on Superbowl Sunday. (Yes, we live in Colorado and he is a die-hard Bronco fan). He is checking out the jalapeno poppers but in true Moby form, he is not going for them.....just admiring. He is a dear sweet boy at the age of 14 1/2 and while deaf, is very happy. Every day with him is a gift as we know the end is inevitably getting closer. He's the only Brittany we've had from 8 weeks old and he will always hold a special place in our heart.

gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: The 3 Amigos

Post by gagesbarb »

great pictures!
although I have only recently come out of "lurkdom," I have been reading
long enough that I feel like I "know" lots of your dogs and it is fun to see
pictures...I also love the look on Wes' face...he looks so proud of himself,
with those muddy paws :D

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I love seeing pictures of your boys and getting the update. I know about those out of control/hyper dogs as we have Layla. Doesn't she looked like a crazy dog? But to be honest, she does get a fair amount of exercise between her 8 acres behind invisible fence and almost daily hikes. Still, she has calmed down immensely since we adopted her 3 years ago.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

I am lucky enough to personally know all three of Janet's dogs. Beamer is a love bug and I was ready to take him home with me. Wesley is adorable and full of energy. It is fun to see him with Janet because I know his background and how neglected he was. No more! I know Janet and her husband spend a lot of time with their dogs and it shows. He listens and his recall is great. Most importantly, Wesley watches Janet with adoration. It truly is sweet to watch.

Moby is a true Brittany gentleman. He is such a good boy with self-restraint. My Britts would not have thought twice about taking that food.

Cindy, Layla looks like she is thinking of zooming off any moment. :P She is adorable.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie