"puppy" play

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

"puppy" play

Post by gagesbarb »

I was so happy this morning to watch Gage and JJ interact...we were in the back yard for morning potty...it is cool but sunny and the dogs were happily running around...there is a puppy next door who came to the fence...JJ had gone back to the door to go in but Gage was yipping and jumping around with the puppy...JJ came back and he and Gage started running around, playing chase a little :D :D :D Gage is 10+/- and doesn't often play...the other great thing was that when JJ got a little too intense and started to try to wrestle, Gage just stopped, turned his head and JJ responded perfectly, "reading" Gage's communication and stopping...I teach a puppy class and we are so happy when the puppies can learn that...we work a lot on learning to stop and calm yourself, not to mention "reading" the other puppies...so proud of both our boys!!!

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: "puppy" play

Post by janet909 »

My new dog, Beamer doesn't play much with Wes so when they do wrestle, it's always a joy to watch !!!

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

It took Layla and Pippa almost 2 years before they started playing. Layla was so physical and loud (the barking with excitement thing again) that Pippa would just walk away. Layla eventually figured it out and now I would say that Pippa is the more physical one. It's so fun to watch and just makes me happy that they have each other since they don't want to play with any other dogs!! :roll:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

My dogs rarely play together. What they do is 'hunt.' They chases doves and other birds out of their airspace, they chase bunnies who are stupid enough to come in our yard, and I am telling you ... it is like they are in a mind-meld while they are doing it.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie